Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 September 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful week. 

Looks like the autumn rains are coming early here this year. Lots of electrical thunderstorms last week with power outages and more forecast for this week.

I woke up in the night once this week and nearly climbed up the wall because I thought a scorpion was in bed with me. It was only a very long Trig, though. A Trig is a grasshopper-like bug. That species tries to come indoors this time of year. I'm not afraid of them, but they're very loud and annoying. They make a sound like metal gears grinding. I relocated that one outdoors.

• Thank you, Lindy - nudge noted! They are now in line for inclusion this week.
  • Unknown said:
    Just one comment - a sad day for us all with that woman in charge!

At least it means that complete armhole has gone.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hallo all:  Family (granddaugter, Ms. D and dog) departed at 3 a.m.Sunday.  Did nothing at all that day; just sat in the debris of laundry, leaves and dirt brought in on paws and sand brought in on towels from the beach and read my book and napped.  Did almost the same thing yesterday but did manage a couple of loads of laundry.  Very slowly gearing up for chores, but why?  It's hot and humid (but not as bad as many other parts of the country/world) and going to be even more humid (by our standards) this weekend when a tropical storm from Central America heads our way.   Ugh.  Apologies to Diane and bjane, who probably have it much worse than us.

Have read everyone's posts and if I had the energy, would try to respond to Rusty in French....

OG:  Have to say I'm with you on Ms. T.  My family in the UK too.

Au revoir.... or I should say a bientot!

• Hey, Annette: I just checked the news before I go to bed, and I saw that your state's power grid is now officially overwhelmed (by the heat and people turning up their ACs) and rolling blackouts are "imminent or in progress." It looks like N. California is most affected right now, but I don't know whether you will be included as the blackouts roll. I know you don't watch the news sometimes, so I just thought I'd post something so you'd be prepared if your power goes out. Hope the storm misses you. Take care.

• Hi, to everyone. Sorry I'm not doing replies. My life is overwhelming right now. I legally have to sign up for Medicare (the government health care plan for old people). Medicare only covers a portion of medical costs, so I need to evaluate the Supplement plans available in my county and choose one. It's all wildly and obscenely complicated. Also, the roof is leaking and I still don't have a vehicle. I'll be back and touch later on. Take care.
  • Diane: Thank you - I'm well and truly clued-in to the power situation. It's actually cooler here tonight so yes, it's the northern part of the state that's worse off.   Don't get too overwhelmed by the choices for the Medicare supplemental plans.  The Medicare website has a page where you can put in your zip code and compare the plans in your area, but it can be intimidating at first.  And no vehicle yet?  That must be so incredibly inconvenient and frustrating.  And now the darn roof on top of it all.   So sorry things are so difficult.....

• I may watch some tennis now that that tantrum brat is out.
  • Morning all
    Thank you for your news and chat. I feel guilty for not joining in as much as I could. Guess I'm just lazy, there's no other reason !
    Social media here is awash with folk commenting on a terrifically loud thunderclap at about midnight. I've never heard anything like it, honestly wondered about a gas explosion.
  • That must have been scary, Heather. We had some rumblings again last evening but no thunderclaps.

Good Morning. Thoughts are with Diane who is going through a rough patch, and certainly doesn't deserve it {{HUGS}} Hope you can soon find a vehicle which must surely make life easier

Bright here, and breezy. My grandchildren are on FB resplendent in their new school uniforms. How they grow!