Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 September 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful week. 

Looks like the autumn rains are coming early here this year. Lots of electrical thunderstorms last week with power outages and more forecast for this week.

I woke up in the night once this week and nearly climbed up the wall because I thought a scorpion was in bed with me. It was only a very long Trig, though. A Trig is a grasshopper-like bug. That species tries to come indoors this time of year. I'm not afraid of them, but they're very loud and annoying. They make a sound like metal gears grinding. I relocated that one outdoors.

• Good Morning. Dry here and it doesn't look as if we've had any rain in the night.

AQ - Good that all went well for Father's Day, and it must have been fun to see the littlies. I know what you mean about being tired afterwards - that extra effort takes it out of you.

We went for a walk and I was weary afterwards, even though we hadn't been far. Had my ironing board at the ready but didn't get around to doing any. Will have to make an effort today, although I'm going out on errands this morning as priority.

Everyone have a good week.
  • Pat O said:
    I think I would have been in the next county, never mind the next room, if I were to find something like that in my bed! Aarrgghh!!!

After years of Limpy I don't think anything else in my bed could frighten me.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• We had quite a bit of rain yesterday evening and in the night, and now it is bright and sunny. I have just been watching the children walking past on their way to school. The primary and comprehensive schools are very close to where I live. So a new term begins.
    AQ - glad Fathers Day went off well. I remember having Tim Tams when I toured New Zealand. Our guide was Australian and she gave them out when we were on a very windy and rain fjord day cruise!
    Lindy - sorry you felt weary yesterday. I hope, after your errands, that you can summon up the energy to do your ironing. I never like it hanging about in its basket.
    The French class I attend resumes today. The person leading the session has sent us a You Tube video to watch about the actor Jean Paul Belmondo. I don’t know whether I will have a lot to contribute to the discussion but maybe it will widen out into a chat about cinema in general.
    I need to pop and see a friend first as she has a bag of cooking apples for me from her tree. I will make purée and freeze it.
    I hope everyone has a good week.
  • RUSTY - Does your discussion have to be in French? That would seriously restrict my involvement!
  • Yes AQ. It is (in theory) an Advanced French group and we speak in French throughout the 2 hours (except for in the tea break!!!!!) As we have just had a 6 week break, I am decidedly rusty (so to speak!!!) Also, it’s not a topic I know much about!!!
  • Lindybird said:
    LOL!! Clare!

It's those dodgy methane levels.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Had our first real rain last evening - a thunderstorm around 1am this morning which lasted about 3/;4 hour. At least it gave the plants a drink. Our gardener came this afternoon, tidied up for me, did the lawns , and lopped some branches of trees that were overhanging by the patio.

Not a lot going on down here, have a good week everyone.
  • Good Morning. Sheet lightning here last night, and big rumbles, but we think that the worst of the storm passed us by. At least it rained for a while. Now we have a grey day with showers ahead.

Yesterday I finally got to grips with the dratted ironing pile whilst watching some recordings of the Proms- Elgars Cello Concerto went down a treat. Went out to do some errands and needed cash- as my bank had recently closed, I hoped to use a nearby bank machine but it was out of order! Swearywords ensued as the other banks are up a steep hill and I was tired from walking around already. Came home without, and my OH will have to help today after his golf game.
  • Re AQ's Senior Text Guide.
    I saw this one today as well

TWHGM The World has gone Mad

Hope you all can enjoy your week.