LOCH GARTEN - August 2022 to end of season

July 2022 thread

Our Osprey family

"Axel", Blue AX6(16) male (yes he does have strong chest markings), a single chick (possibly from 3 eggs) hatched Glen Affric, near Beauly, seen Lossiemouth 2020, then at LG in 2021

"Asha"- Female - Unringed - partnered Axel in 2021.

Axel & Asha (as "Mistle") fled the nest May 2021 due to unknown intruders.

HATCH #1 - 11 June @ 05:30

HATCH #2 - 13 June @ 04:11 (first sighting)

AT RINGING - Quote RSPB Abernethy Facebook "The male BLUE 1C2 is thought to be the older one at 1.5kgs with the female BLUE 1C1 being the younger one at 1.5kgs."

RSPB Video Channel - Osprey, Goshawk, Barn Owls: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8QdQ9ZaBT65tF1yOmbMBQ

All pictures & videos ©RSPB LochGarten & WildlifeWindows 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMAGICAT

• SheilaFE said:
    That was a sardine. 18.31 he "FLEW" off the the tail end!!

He came back calling for another fish but no result, it was an early last sighting:

In between 1C2's appearances we had an all-too-short visit from a cherished friend:

There was also a Coal Tit (probably) on the left sticky-out branches but too small to snap.

IMAGICAT

• The cam has gone down (as has Goshawk).

IMAGICAT

• 25mac said:
    I hope my pics aren’t too big (I’m using my mobile phone) but I wanted to share that the weather might not have been great for fishing today, especially this afternoon. It looks like the thunder and lightning probably missed Loch garten but it rained heavily and flooded several roads in Inverness and Morayshire areas in the time the storm passed over. 

Thank you, 25MAC - I meant to respond earlier but got tangled up elsewhere as usual.  The pics enlarge if clicked on, I think you're very clever for managing on a phone Astonished 

I haven't noticed any "weather" at LG (the cam having recovered) but there's been quite a stormy night at LotL, further south.

Mealtime here, don't ask me which meal!

IMAGICAT

• 15 August

1C2 flew in to perch @ 05:49 screeching:

Wow!

Axel with early breakfish - just a half fish, but still ;)  CORRECTION by SHEILA - it was a whole fish, but small.

I'm .off now, SYAL, HAGD Stuck out tongue winking eye 

IMAGICAT

• Hi all it arrived on Sunday a dell Inspiron 3910
    Still playing with it so far so good finding my way around win 11
    let you know how i get on Ha Ha

• Half a fish? 1c2 almost took Axel’s foot off Joy
  • Thanks for the weather maps, 25mac.  It looked as though LG missed the heavy rain, if they got it at all.

Thank you Scylla for the late night and early morning updates.  I think the morning fish was indeed tiny, but I beg to differ in that I think it was a small whole fish.  I hope it shows in a snip!

06.35   #1 FISH  from Axel, whole, but small.  Axel grabbed his leg and not the fish.  Axel gave him a filthy glare (if that's not too a human observation) before he left - another reason Darvics fall off!!  1C2 called and mantled over it for a minute or two before tucking in. 1C2 had a fish last night & one this morning, neither very big

06.49.44   He was standing with his back to the cam, but a big gulp must have meant the fin tail went down.  Possibly a thirteen minute fish!  He natters and looks for dropped pieces.

06.53  he left the nest, having called and called.

06.54  LOL  He is back

06.56  Up to the perch

It wasn't until 0705 her finally left the nest area, having been between the perch and nest several times.  He didn't stop calling.  He could be heard calling from the stick/totem tree

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:
    I beg to differ

Any time, SHEILA Rofl 

I could have merely changed the colours on the early-morning snap Smile 

Great Tit snapped when I thought I'd only do snaps:

Some little birds and 1C2's latest nest visit, he's still on the dead tree as I type, shouting 'n shouting Purple heart

1C2 was back on the nest continuing to shout, now has flown but I didn't see where.

IMAGICAT