Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 July 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week and a wonderful August! Summer is going fast.

I saw a Ruby-Throated Hummingbird outside the window of my enclosed porch this morning. I felt blessed because the hummingbirds will be leaving soon. They don't stay deep into autumn; they're usually long gone on their migration journey by the time the chill sets in here 

• AQ- Sorry about the possibility of covid visiting your dau's house. It is so odd, my elder granddaughter in Elgin got it but no-one else in their house. My stepdaughter in law caught it, followed shortly by her husband and their son, who lives with them.
    LYNETTE - I hope that you get a definitive diagnosis soon. I'm world famous for my lack of patience - you seem to cope admirably.
    HARELADY - I only had my first daughter for a few months before she succumbed to congenital heart disease. That was 51 years ago and I have a lump in my throat now, writing this. I can't imagine ( and I hope I never have to) losing an adult offspring. Sending hugs ...
    LINDY- Well, a pudding split between the two of you is better than none ! Good that you are enjoying your weekend.
    OG- I'm imagining that the remark about the bird on the golf course being 'under par ' was tongue in cheek ? I chuckled, anyway!
    ANNETTE - Don't overdo things. I hope that your daughter settles into her new home with no problems. Is it far away from you? Enjoy time with the family. Is there any more news from your family in the UK ?
    Regards to EVERYONE - and thanks to DIANE.

• Hello all. It’s lovely to see the sun here today.
    Glad you had a great meal yesterday Lindy. Good idea to share a dessert. I like restaurants where they offer a mini dessert and coffee.
    We had a super Indian meal last night, I think my friend with the broken arm enjoyed it. She certainly ate well. We were a bit mean because she said she didn’t want to know the football score as she was recording the match. My other friend’s husband and I looked at the score and kept poker faced. Our injured friend took that to mean that England had lost. We didn’t enlighten her so I hope she still watched the recording!!! I watched the highlights on the BBC website.
    I am going out now to try to buy a new pump for my small water feature. I guess it must have broken because when I switched it on the other day it tripped the main fuse!!!! I had to reset the clocks on the cooker and microwave, the phone and my SKY box. Most annoying!!!! Then, of course, I have to try to find an electrician to fix it!!!!
  • PS. I too chucked at OG’s comment about the poor goose I hit last week!!
  • RUSTY - You are good friend - she is lucky !
    PAT - I keep meaning to ask you about Chartwell. I haven't Googled it but know if was Winstons home. I wonder if there is a kind of museum there, with memorabilia ?
  • Hi there everyone.

Just to let you know my sister died this evening.... Her husband, daughter and son were with her. A sad relief for them all at this point....

take care all.
  • Diane thanks for starting us off again.
    Just got to the bottom of second page and see Annette's post. So sorry to learn of your sister's death , but at least the family were with her. At least she is out of her pain. Thoughts and prayers are with you Annette.

Please send some rain down south, We have had some sort of shower on Saturday/Sunday night but apart from grey cloudy weather with intermittent sunshine, no real rain to write home about.

Harelady - hope they get you sorted out soon. I had to wear one of the 24hrECG's some time ago now. I have been
    diagnosed with Congenital Heart disease, AF, and now awaiting to see if the latest episodes of carbon dioxide build up in my blood is lung related. Have an appointment at the chest clinic later in Aug. Test last Wed didn't show up much, or should I say, what they were hoping to find. Have to wait until there has been a confab with another doctor before
    I get a letter telling me exactly what they find, if anything. Again, a waiting game.

Went to my dau's church on Sunday as it was the final session of the Holiday Club and they took over the service. What joyous service it was and lovely to see the children quite enthusiastic.

Hopefully on Friday we are off for a couple of days down to Longleat and the Safari Park there - really looking forward to it.