Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 July 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week and a wonderful August! Summer is going fast.

I saw a Ruby-Throated Hummingbird outside the window of my enclosed porch this morning. I felt blessed because the hummingbirds will be leaving soon. They don't stay deep into autumn; they're usually long gone on their migration journey by the time the chill sets in here 

• HEATHER - sorry to offend, but I really was telling the truth about that disgusting card, it was not a joke. It was actually he who suggested putting it in the bin, and I just said yes please at the offer! Apparently it referred to a film I have never watched (something about dogs)! But I DO NOT LIKE SPAGHETTI! And after 54 years I think he should know that! I do appreciate him looking after me most of the time but not trying to feed me with pasta. It was actually he who suggested putting it in the bin, and I just said yes please at the offer!

BJANE - as above! And I shall never mention it again - I think I have recovered from the hurt I felt.

LINDA - wow, no roadworks this time! Glad the garden was nice and green after rain and sunshine. A friend asked if we have booked a meal out somewhere else, but I daren't even try right now. The experience affected me badly and apparently I went right off my head last evening!

No rain forecast here for foreseesble future. Don't know how much outdoor work will get done as J has given up on driving - tried taking the OH with him for a practice last night but had to be driven home. He will try again if he gets glasses that suit - the current stick-on prisms have damaged his sight so his eyes need to adjust again. He has various appointments coming up, including job interviews, so will need lifts where buses and trains don't go. OH is quite exhausted and the three of us are struggling with continuous changes of plans. I just want to sit and scream, but have so far held back on chucking something heavy through the window!
  • OG - is that film Lady and the Tramp? That scene with the spaghetti is very romantic as the eat it from either end and finish up kissing!!!! Shame your dislike of spaghetti stopped you getting the meaning of the picture! Life sounds difficult for all of you in your house at the moment. I am so sorry.
    I have been to the place where I bought my binoculars in Cheshire as they needed a new lens cap fitting. Excellent service. I went with my sister who lives over that way and we had lunch out!! Very nice.
  • Rusty -- I love Lady & The Tramp! One of the first films I was taken to at the cinema, many moons ago. I remember the spaghetti scene - it often used to be used in those clips from Disney films always shown on Boxing Day, which we enjoyed so much.

OG - You must all be tired as you have so much going on. I do hope J can get what he wants in way of a job. Not easy, I know. EE has certainly been what we used to call A Brick -- solid and dependable.

I got my errands done, including managing to make the receptionist laugh in our Doctors Office! Have to go & give a blood sample tomorrow so needed to collect a form from there, first. Then bought milk and bread. On the way home, thankfully in the car, the heavens opened on my laundry just been put outside..... Grr! Now the sun is out again so some chance of it all being dried.

My OH came home from golf, ate lunch, then took Bonnie to the Vets again. She has thankfully been pronounced cured, with advice given that we should clean out the insides of her ears more often. Then he cut the lawns, and trimmed the front hedge.... our neighbour said " He's a busy person, isn't he?" I replied that he's happiest that way. He is, at least, sitting on the now neat lawn with a book, now.

I hope that Pat is not suffering too badly with the covid.

• Today's quotes:

What we do for ourselves dies with us; what we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. Albert Pine.

Oh, to be seventy again!! Chief Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. aged 86, as a pretty girl passed by.
  • OG - Congratulations on your 54th, it would have been ours on the 24th but it was not to be. Sorry to hear you have been having problems with one thing and another. Hope J is successful in finding a job and that he will be able to drive again before too long.

BJane - I know what you mean, I miss my OH very much although he always remembered the important anniversaries he found it hard to say I love you but showed it in other ways.

Lindybird - OH did well to drive home in one go and pleased you had a lovely time. Wish some of the rain would come down here. I hear that heavy rain is forecast for Scotland middle of next week.

AQ - hope Dau and offspring recover from their Covid diagnosis and that you, yourself have managed to steer clear.

Well, off for the weekend tomorrow. Not going too far, just down South into Wiltshire to Longleat and the Safari Park there. Staying in the small town of Frome for 2 nights.

Have a good weekend all and may your troubles be few.
  • Enjoy, Lynette.

Good Morning. Began dry here, but raining now. Think it's rained in the night. No hosepipe ban here, yet.
  • We have had overnight rain too Lindy. I do believe it is raining again. I hope it stops so that I can hang my washing out.
    Lynnette - I hope you enjoy your weekend away.
    I have a nice quiet day at home planned. However, I am determined to clean some inside windows. I feel ashamed when the sun shines through them. It is a mystery to me how they get so dirty when there is only me here.
  • Who knows, Rusty?! I blame pollution! We gave in a year or so ago, and had the window cleaner for the outside, and I must say it's a relief not to do them, even though we're a bungalow with mainly ground floor ones. Still have to remember to do the insides sometimes, though!

The sun is alternating with heavy showers, here. I went to our Clinic to give a blood sample, and the puddles in the car park were more like lakes.

My OH is still waiting for results of his scan the other week. He says he's feeling alright now, so we're not sure what to think - have to wait & see :-)