WEEKLY CHAT (Non-0sprey) SUNDAY JULY 24, 2022

Hallo all.   It's been a busy week getting organized for family, due here if not tomorrow late afternoon then early Monday morning.   Granddaughter had rented an RV for the trip so she could bring some of daughter's things she'll need for her new place here; went to pick it up this morning, spent all morning doing a walk-through with the owner only to have the generator for the a/c fail before she even drove it away.  Lots of frustration at that end of the freeway, so now they're supposed to pick one up tomorrow (at least that's the last I heard).  Anyway, I've been sorting through the fridge and doing a lot of laundry and house-cleaning plus tidying up the garden as best I could.  Am getting take-out tonight and have a nice Pinot Grigio chilling in the fridge.

Meanwhile, my sister seems to be on a fairly steady decline now with the hospice team giving us a two-week prognosis.....  I so wish I could be back there with my BiL and niece.  The Arizona trio put off their trip for 2 weeks because I was gone, and now it seems everything will be happening at the same time anyway...

Thanks all for posts - I really have read them all.  And thank you Lindybird for the flower show pix.  I really liked the arrangement outside the sales office.  :-)

• ANNETTE Thanks for starting the thread. So very sorry I couldn't do it. High heat and humidity led to a big storm, power outage, and a fussy computer here. Typing this on my phone because I wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your sister's decline. You are under so much stress, I so wish I could help. Too dang many miles to California. I hope all goes well getting your daughter settled and to her health care. Way too much for you to cope with. Stay strong. I'll be back later when I get my PC up and running.
  • Thanks for starting us off Annette despite all your worries. You really do need to be in 2 places at once don’t you? Thinking of you.
    Diane - thinking of you too with big storms and power outages. Not nice.
    I went to a friend to try and help him with an email problem this morning. After trying many things, we came to the conclusion that the fault lies with the email provider. We did manage to set up a gmail address and, somehow, his contacts came across.
    I was determined to cut the grass this afternoon but rain was forecast. Immediately after lunch I ran out and cut it in the drizzle (a bit naughty with an electric mower!!!) I did the finishing off and some of the edges in the rain. I was soaked. All nice and warm now after a shower. My friend lent me a book which I am going to start. I have a nice cup of tea!!! - very British!!!!
  • Diane: Weather doesn't look good in your area, especially a bit north.  Hang in there.  And  no worries about the thread - I'm always later than you anyway

Rusty:  Congrats on helping your friend with the techy stuff.  Hope you're enjoying the book.  

Granddaughter is now supposed to be picking up another RV at 11 this morning and hopes to leave for California later this afternoon/early evening which, if all goes well, will have them at our house very early in the a.m.  I was in the supermarket yesterday when my granddaughter was updating me on the RV fiasco.  I hung up the phone and said to myself, all exasperated, "Can things get more complicated!"  A stranger walking by announced, "Yes!"  Turns out he (originally from Hungary), has a business in town and said the last year has been just awful.  A small consolation to know it isn't just my family!  Meanwhile, UK niece has picked up her dog and is now on her way back to sister's house for the duration.

• Good Afternoon. Should have been good morning but I dashed around after getting up late, washing hair & then rushing off to have coffee with Sue, who is at present staying in her sons house dogsitting, whilst they are away. My OH also fixed an errant rollerblind for her while we were there.

Annette, thinking of you at such a difficult time for both you and your family. You must be frustrated by events, and for having to constantly think if you're making the "right" decisions. ((HUGS)) I do hope that everything goes well for your daughters move.

• ANNETTE – Thinking of you & yours {{{HUGS}}}

We lost our internet yesterday, no landline either as it is connected to same. This morn a message to s-i-l. From work he contacted techie people & i/t eventually restored. I am lost without – I had to continue culling photos. Quite a few back to 2007 when I bought my first digital camera. Don’t even suggest I look at slides and prints dating back to mid last century.

• AQ - How lost we are when we lose connections! Hope its sorted permanently now.

Good Morning. Dull and damp here - we've had more rain than in the South of UK. Must get going and sort myself out - taking my OH a few miles away and dropping him off for his scan today. I shall wait near hospital in supermarket car park, with some back copies of the RSPB magazine to read!
  • Lindy - hope your OHs scan went ok. I wonder how long he will have to wait for the results. Hope it is not too long.
    At 9.30 this morning I went to the Post Office in a nearby small town. I met 5 people quite by accident and had a long chat with each one!!!! It was lovely.
  • Ditto from me, LINDY -
    And also sending thoughts to ANNETTE.
    I'm expecting to hear results from my brother this evening - he has been at the hospital this afternoon.