Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 June 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY JUNE SOLSTICE!

The June Solstice is Tuesday, 21 June.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, joyful week. I wish you all physical health and emotional well-being. 

I saw a beautiful white-tailed deer yearling in my front yard yesterday. He's a big fella. I think he's last year's buck. He was one of twins.

Take care, all. 

• Rusty -- I hate to tell you, but an oven does use a lot of electricity. Anything which heats up, does. Kettles, heaters, irons, hairdryers etc. Not microwaves as much, as they are not hot!

We have an air fryer and I use it to make home made chips and yummy roasted type veggies. I also use the microwave whenever possible - just had a bacon sandwich for lunch and no dirty grill pan to clean afterwards, plus no expensive oven on!
  • I thought I might get an air fryer. I heard the programme on Radio 4 last week, which someone mentioned on here, and it seemed a good idea. Then I thought ... my oven 'died' on Christmas Day some five or six years ago and I haven't bothered to have it repaired. I use a microwave, a slow cooker and the hob. I rarely fry anything, although I do like the occasional stir-fry. So I can't really justify it. But if I could - if I fried things more often - I would certainly buy one, but just a small, cheap one. I'm convinced about them - but just not for me!
  • Annette -- Not had time to say how pleased I am to hear that your dear sister is being cared for in such a lovely place. My late friend was nursed with much love and care in a hospice. We have two in our area, and I always support their fund raising efforts, as they only get meagre Government support. I'm also happy to hear that she can see the birds in the garden, such a joy.
  • I am sure you are correct Lindy re the oven. I actually don’t use it that often. My microwave or my gas hob get most use.
    It’s a beautiful evening here. Lovely shades of pink in the sky.