LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 16:54 Mistle is back. It was a 22 minute fish. Sorry about the 3 minute discrepancy.
    17:08 Axel still on nest, requiring ear plugs, due to Mistle's constant, insistent food soliciting to get him off the eggs.
    I do so hope this is not a precursor to more aggression - he does seem to like incubating!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 17:20 Axel, having listened on his newly acquired headphones (which Scylla will in vain to try to capture) to many verses of 'Shaddap Your Face' eventually relents and leaves trhe nest.

• 17:21 Peace reigns at last. All is quiet on the Osprey front. No doubt Syclla will check many fronts - but all in vain. Don't worry about Axel's headphones Scylla - they were not a good fit anyway.

• Really, what is wrong with this pair again today? Good they settle eventually and that fish has been delivered.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I'm fit for nothing, CRINGER, due to the heat today.  Always some excuse, I hear you say.

Two fish sandwiching a pose from Axel when he managed to get Mistle off the eggs:

This one I narowed down to 0.433 seconds and lightened/contrasted/sharpened to get a viewable view, so don't say I don't do nothing for you Confounded

As for "what's wrong with them?" - they've spent companionable time on the nest several times today, so I have no idea.  Maybe they're just very on edge, given the new experience for them both?

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

I'm fit for nothing, CRINGER, due to the heat today.  Always some excuse, I hear you say.

Two fish sandwiching a pose from Axel when he managed to get Mistle off the eggs

This one I narowed down to 0.433 seconds and lightened/contrasted/sharpened to get a viewable view, so don't say I don't do nothing for y

The next time yoiu hear me say you never do nothing for me is the 12th of never...... and we both know fhat's a long, long time! (As much as I hate Elvis the quote is apt)

Bless you Scylla! 

• scylla said:

I'm fit for nothing, CRINGER, due to the heat today.  Always some excuse, I hear you say.

Two fish sandwiching a pose from Axel when he managed to get Mistle off the eggs:

This one I narowed down to 0.433 seconds and lightened/contrasted/sharpened to get a viewable view, so don't say I don't do nothing for you

As for "what's wrong with them?" - they've spent companionable time on the nest several times today, so I have no idea.  Maybe they're just very on edge, given the new experience for them both?

Simply BREATHTAKING in clarity.

(Bows on 1 knee).

• Going off topic.... did you know that priot to about 1975 about 50% of the fish delivered to this nest were identified as pike? this changed rapidly after the FF opened at Rothiemurchus in the mid 1970's - by hten 90% were identified as trout (a mixture of brown and rainbow) and only 10% pike. Does anyone remember a pike being brought to the nest this season? Not me....... See Shelia's lovely earlier postabout fish i/d pike is usuaully quite distinctive.

• ...... deeply forked tail.

• Shared in absentia without Sheila's permission but I am not unduly worried - she has only taken 1 tablet with her on her jolly hols and the effects are sure to be worn off by now...