LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• RT didn't like the chicks at LG being ringed but he put his foot down on sat trackers being put on.......... Then one day Roy and I were out at dawn at the fish farm trying to catch male Ospreys by floating a fish in the water that was covered in snares and tied to the bottom of the loch with a dead weight. We caught a bird! Dashed out to it in the loch and just as we were about to grab it, it got out of the snares and sailed over our heads! No doubt about who it was - the orange eyes asnd direction of departure told the story - it was Henry! We came within a hairs breadth of putting a sat tag on him. I was torn. I said in one way I was glad - couldn't imagine RT's reaction - Roy said 'Anything away from the LG nest is fair game if RSPB approve or not!'

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I agree with all you say, Scylla.

Tiger's blog is good because it is fact, but there is no background, pics or videos or interpretation and comment.

I did say more on Scylla's post about the cam, but it might incriminate me, and appear very ungrateful, which i am not!
    21.13 FISH #4??

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• CRinger said:
    Accodring to BBC weather the wind at BOG has now dropped to 8 mph. Come on Axel!

I just tested it and we can hear the chicks' sweet feeding tweets loud 'n clear, just a bit of wind in the background Hugging

IMAGICAT

• SheilaFE said:
    it might incriminate me,

Elsewhere I would dread getting flamed, SHEILA, but people here know where we're coming from, even if we (more likely I than you) might express ill-considered views.

Great fish snap, KORKY!

It's mealtime here, I won't reveal which one Grin

IMAGICAT

• It's mealtime here, I won't reveal which one

scylla said:

It's mealtime here, I won't reveal which one

Enjoy yoiur breaklfaunchsupper Scylla. Wedon't care which it is asl ong as the amazing posts and pics keep coming! 

• Hmmm Mistle can obviouslty see him. Surely he is not back with another fish in THIS light?

• 22.28 a large headless fish from Axel. It no doubt will provide breakfish tomorrow

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• CRinger said:
    Hmmm Mistle can obviouslty see him. Surely he is not back with another fish in THIS light?

YES! You doubter! EVEN in THIS LIGHT!

SUPERPROVIDER Axel!

• Here's the latest fish 22.28

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• Interesting... Mistle feeds (the largest) Bob on the right x 6, then only once the other chick............ both still have their heads up.... then decides its time to brood when there is still 1/4 of a fish left.