LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• hi

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• follow on

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Thank you so much to all of you who have been keeping us up to date with all the photos/videos & words. We’ve been away so haven’t been able to log in so much.

It’s such wonderful news after the lull of an osprey family at Loch Garten for a few years. Let’s hope that this pair will successfully rear the current nest and for many years to come & become our new EJ & Odin. Of course the latter pair will never be forgotten.
  • Small fish at 11.35 and bob up for lunch

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• Unknown said:

CRinger said:
    So sorry that the ice has melted. The daiquiri was a little sweet so I squeezed 2 limes. Now perfect.

Yum, delicious. Thank you! I followed it up with another G&T of my own.

Plenty left. Decided to make it a strawberry fizz daiquiri so today one third Cava Rosado. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• FOTD #2 at 13:42
    Mistle struggles to take it from him and falls backwards! Watch those eggs and the chick!

• 13:45 Chick appears to be feeding well. Phew!

• CRinger said:
    FOTD #2 at 13:42

CRinger said:
    Mistle struggles to take it from him and falls backwards! Watch those eggs and the chick!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• My catch-up post got stuck in "You'e gone offline" (I hadn't, according to other sites) and it's currently got the 3 posting dots "running"...  So I'm hoping this C&P will work, it now says I'm reconnected.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's another windy day Frowning2

Mistle's first (I think) flyabout - she overbalanced and stomped on Bob!

06:50 - Axel's first visit - surprising he was so late when he was so anxious to see his baby:

He flew around and was back, cleaned his toenails on the perch (I thought he was feaking at first, scandal!) then stood for 3 minutes on the nest while Mistle screeched and toyed with eggshell, then he flew off:

Back for a 1+ minute visit, Mistle screeching:

To be continued, because the site isn't letting me post another snap...

IMAGICAT

• CRinger said:
    strawberry fizz daiquiri so today one third Cava Rosado

You seem so well-stocked!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs