LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 16:13 Axel gets the hint and flies off. In search of FOTD#3?

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Axel is taking his time, which has given me the opportinity to post on Tiger's site about a blackbird, cous-cous and horses, Time well spent I hope. Glad I didn't post here in the days when the only thing allowed was 'the female Osprey moves a twig 3 inches to her left.'

• We had a very busy chat thread too. It just meant the DU was the place to go for up to date and recorded action all in one place. It worked then when we had more people contributing.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:
    We had a very busy chat thread too. It just meant the DU was the place to go for up to date and recorded action all in one place. It worked then when we had more people contributing.

Perhaps Tiger's board is the way to go?

• scylla said:

Just noticed that around the time of the above "Mistle under sunrays" snap there was another Osprey (probably) on the dead tree and Mistle chased it off:

scylla said:
    Mistle is fending off an intruder but I'm packing up so this is an alert for y'all with the time.

The two intruder events:

Then some inconsequential incidentals...

When Axel came to collect his share of Fish #1, he treated us to his new hairstyle:

One chick had a wander out of the nestcup area: "Please may I have some more?":

A fine poop carried off intact by the wind:

Axel popped in for a consultation re the chicks:

IMAGICAT

• Have suggested to Roy that if he rings these chicks then he might want to sat tag 1 of them ........... if RSPB agree....... and that he will get HUGE interest on his site following either Bob1 or Bob 2, Awaiting his reply.

• CRinger said:
    Perhaps Tiger's board is the way to go?

Certainly not.  End of discussion.

Stuck out tongue 

The static cam isn't doing us any favours this season, tho we all know the reasons for it.  It's not sufficiently HD to allow us to see detail... having to crop for a closer view ends up so grainy.

I'm sure that HQ said they might relax the rules when there were chicks on the nest, or something like that - does anyone remember or can they find the HQ post? 

Maybe they could set the cam on zoom when no parent is on the nest and unset it later, maybe they could try the IR?  And is the PTZ able to be activated?

I miss Peter @ Carnyx Purple heart

EDIT:

CRinger said:
    Have suggested to Roy that if he rings these chicks then he might want to sat tag 1 of them ........... if RSPB agree....... and that he will get HUGE interest on his site following either Bob1 or Bob 2, Awaiting his reply.

I think it costs ££££ Thinking

IMAGICAT

• Accodring to BBC weather the wind at BOG has now dropped to 8 mph. Come on Axel!

• scylla said:

I think it costs ££££

I know it does. But he has also to consider the costs -v- the interest in his site = more donations. He is 'cute'. If he has a 'spare' sat tracker I would think only RSPB will stop him.

• Fish!!! 21.14

(c) RSPB Loch Garten