LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• CRinger said:
    17:00 a new fish? or did he take away the 16:07 fish and has now returned it? If I had to guess I would say new!

Taken away and returned, he didn't have it long.

• 20:16 FISH - that certainly isn't a remnant of the 16:07 fish! Is that #3 for the day?

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• New 20:16 fish has its head on

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• OMG that is the worst have ever seen! I thought foo sure one of the chicks would be impaled. Who else was ready to give her a hand, but no "it's on a cam screen"?

scylla said:
    was this the worst stick so far this season?

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Windy today again but the boy still managed to fish. What a stupid stick that was that Mistle took in, all over the nest and the chicks, thank goodness the wind took it over the side, that could have done serious damage.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• scylla said:
    Time to lie in front of fans, SYAL.

Your fans on here have no idea whether you are standing, sitting or prostrate Scylla. And to be honest we don't care as long as those amazing posts keep coming!

If you tell me that Hollywood has found you due due to your videos I sent to ASlan Poole and queue outside your front door every day hoping you will appear on your balcony to wave at them I shall regret ever emailing Alan.

• Small/medium fish delivery. EDIT: Woops this has already been reported. My stream was behind. I'm late to the party.

• Unknown said:

Small/medium fish delivery. EDIT: Woops this has already been reported. My stream was behind. I'm late to the party.

You might be late to the party,but always welcome! Take a seat and pour yourself a G & T. But don't use all the ice. 

• CRinger said:
    Take a seat and pour yourself a G & T. But don't use all the ice.

I'm on the second one, and I did use up all the ice in the bin, but then I added more from the ice cube tray. Grin