LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• https://youtu.be/I-3Qd3rLtx0

I believe Axel was offering food, though not clear if he had anything in his beak. He's a new age guy with maternal instincts like some of our other males!

scylla said:
    A sweet examination of Mistle:

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Good day all, Noticed a lot of aggression from one chick 11 53 until mom returns
  • I agree with the comments suggesting that two chicks is a far better bet for the new pair, particularly with the awful fishing weather they have had.  If it's not raining with blowing a hooley!

I also agree with CC's comment.  I too thought Axel was trying to feed Mistle, although it wasn't obvious he had any fish.  Bless him!

Worth checking out 15.21.40 when one of the osplets pooed.  The wind caught it and it flew past Mistle whose face was a picture!

#3(?) FISH at 16.48.  It was certainly more starter than the main course, but better than nothing.

Bother - I haven't saved it.  I'll go back and edit.  Herewith! 

#3 (I think) fish arriving

Exchanged

Axel gets ready to leave

Two eager chicks take their turn

© RSPB - Loch Garten & WildlifeWindows 

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• That's what I thought, CC, re Axel offering food - but I didn't like to claim it as he was empty-beaked Grin

trevor l said:
    Noticed a lot of aggression from one chick 11 53 until mom returns

Very disappointing to see :(((

Lunch!  Could not get a good look at this fish - the cam is very glitchy, with frequent mini-freezes and it froze on handover to Mistle.  Axel was buffeted on his way in.

13:25 Axel came for leftover but coldn't find any - I thought there should have been some but could not see any when she finished feeding.  I reckon Mistle must be quite hungry.

IMAGICAT

• FOTD#3 @ 16:48 - allegedly!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 'Tis true CRinger!! See above!

Three fish deliveries so far today -  06.16, 12.58 and 16.48.  

• I am very careful now on reporting obs from live chat. And I make sure they contain the word apparently or allegedly!

• It's good that there is a scroll-back, for the day.
    Axel returned 17.06. Mistle gave him an earful, requesting another fish.

He soared away in the wind, 17.08

17.09 he returned and 17.10.18  he shot off in the wind.

• Hiya SHEILA - you weren't here when I entered RF (I hope you are back to stay Blue heart) - and since then I've had to reboot 4 times due to repeatedly grinding to a halt and it's still not fixed Tired face

And it's not the heat, either, that's only affecting me Wink

SheilaFE said:
    Worth checking out 15.21.40 when one of the osplets pooed.  The wind caught it and it flew past Mistle whose face was a picture!

A slomo of the incident - it was a very thin poop and went clurly-wurly in the wind:

The ultimate tiddler !!!

Not so tiny - Axel got blown sideways so he didn't land where he wanted to - the wind must be making fishing very difficult:

I'm off agan for a while.

IMAGICAT