LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Lynn L said:

I see no crestie today at 14.00?

I didn't even bother to look.

I left it to mission control. 

But very much looking forward to the next salmon.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 19.50 Mistle takes a break. Eldest chick looks arround and utters a chirp. Axel arrives with a baby orca 19.51 followed by Mistle who takes it over. Feeding ensues accompanied by osplet squeals and Mistle chirps.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Mistle is having a conversation with Axel who is off cam at a distance.

• Axel arrives. No fish. They continue the conversation, which sounds a bit more like an argument. Mistle escalates and Axel shuts up. He takes off at 20.17, which effectively shuts her up.

• Unknown said:

19.50 Mistle takes a break. Eldest chick looks arround and utters a chirp. Axel arrives with a baby orca 19.51 followed by Mistle who takes it over. Feeding ensues accompanied by osplet squeals and Mistle chirps.

Baby orca! 

Joy

LOVE it!

• Will keep my eyes peeled for the blue whale.

• FOTD #6- yes SIX!
    A blue whale
    @ 21:42.

• sorry.. a fin got in the way... light is fading..... make that a small brown trout.

• Lynn L said:
    Hello all, no 3rd chick? Do we think it will hatch now?

Well done Axel, what a dad, 4/5 fish today.
    I see no crestie today at 14.00?

I rather think that we have to accept 2 chicks this year BUT......... with all due respect I think this is good news for a new pair and for us. With only 2 chicks they have a much better chance of fledging at least 1 -  they will both return next year - the start of a new dynasty.......

for US - much LESS likelihood of having to witrness sibling rivalry if the weather changes and foraging is difficult........

Personally, for the future of this pair,,. I would be happier with the 2 we have got rather than 3.