LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 14.12 Mistle arises to eat more of the whopper. Only one bob pops up but the other can be seen moving.
    EDIT: Both pop up but seem to be fairly full, and Mistle continues to feed herself until she's done and then comes back to brood.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• 13.18 Axel has arrived to take the fish remains, but Mistle takes it back from him. Bobs are both bobbing, so they get fed. Axel leaves.

• From chat:
    JulieD​13:28 He's back, this time he flies off with the fish.

• Sorry, I have been occupied and need to be off now. Mistle currently squeaking while brooding. SYAL.
    From chat:
    JulieD​13:28 He's back, this time he flies off with the fish.
    JulieD​13:53 Female off, returns 13:54 with a big spiky branch.

• Unknown said:
    He's back, this time he flies off with the fish.

Am very disappointed to read that - he probably won't need to fish for a while.

This is the whopper delivery (again) with the chickfeed on the end - and Mistle had a share too.  Not done the "Mistle messing with fish" episode yet.

Mistle is doing very well, considering, IMHO:

IMAGICAT

• 14.25 Axel brings fish back!
  • JillR said:
    14.25 Axel brings fish back!

Thank you, JILL!  Delighted here Blush

This is the "Mistle messing with fish" episode - she did feed the babes a bit more too.  Not edited, domestic duties call.

IMAGICAT

• Mistle is dragging the fish around the nest careful not to step on the kids, taking a few bites now and then. The kids look kinda full...nope, they're getting a few bites, too. She's turned out to be a fine mum.

• I have not been on the computer but close by. Axel has come in a couple times to check but then has left soon after. The couple seem much more settled and seem to be a better team, even though the nest material they bring is of questionable quality. Things have been blessedly uneventful. Must leave again. SYAL

• 18.32 Except I just saw Axel do a flyover flyby with a twiggy stick, making Mistle duck, then circled by again, landing on the cam (judging from the wobble), dropping a bit of twig on her, but now no sign of him. He made contact chirps but Mistle was silent, i.e. "What the heck are you up to, boy???" Okay, SYAL.