LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• The 14:19 fish flagged by CC was quite small:

After the late lunch, Mistle sorted the sticks blocking our view, including a slab of bark - it could have worked out a lot worse but it's still not good for us:

Then she brought in a stick and swiped over Osplet ~ #2 with it:

Again, Mistle with a stick - of dubious value:

And another, not so twiggy:

19:01 Small fish per Axel:

Feeding from the 19:38 fish - not good for one of the chicks, and Mistle seemed too hungry to focus:

I don't know if the fishtail Mistle eats is the last remnant on the nest:  We won't know how #2 is doing till the morning get-go.

Quote CRinger:

...it was the 19:40 that I am sure was whole - and alive - and kicking!...

...perhaps more evidence that Axel has not bred before.

Near the start of the season Blue33 at Manton Bay was bringing whole live fish, and he's quite experienced.  Flapping fish caused some very alarming incidents - here, tho, the fish was well decapitated before it acrobatically sprang onto the chicks:

(At that time there was a period of horrendous rain, Maya - ex Mrs5R and a trooper Mama as you probably know - was off her trolley and actually looked unwell, it was a harrowing time for watchers.)

IMAGICAT

• Morning All Fish at 5-22 am good size
  • FISH !!! !!! !!!

Actually it was a minute or so ago, I have my head in the earlier morning still - this is a (headless?) whipper... oops, whopper! Shark

Pic/vid to be inserted.

EDIT

So much misinformation in here, I've had to delete some and the other bit is the time !!!  (Too early for sharpness, CRINGER ;) )

05:22 !!!

I'm not fit to continue reporting, so I'll pack up for a while.

Am so very thrilled to see that fish Heart

Here's just the delivery movie:

IMAGICAT

• I wonder if someone with YT rollback skills could check that Mistle buried the fish 06:08-06:09?

Mistle seems to have lost it - both her mind and the fish - and I can't stop to edit video.  SYAL.

IMAGICAT

• trevor l said:
    Morning All Fish at 5-22 am good size

Can't leave without acknowledging your post, TREVOR, which I've only just seen, that's what a state I'm in.

You'll have to get a new name - Mr Understater - "good size" indeed! Grin

IMAGICAT

• Look forward to the vid later Scylia
  • Accordingto chat and confirmed here there has already been breakfish delivered and chicks have had several feeds but Mistle is still shouting her head off
  • scylla said:

I wonder if someone with YT rollback skills could check that Mistle buried the fish 06:08-06:09?

Mistle seems to have lost it - both her mind and the fish - and I can't stop to edit video.  SYAL.

Had a look, at 6.08 she pulls the fish over to the left hand side, she is standing over it with her back to us so we can't see fish, at 6.09 when she moves it looks like it is buried but I think it is the way it is lying, she then moves some material from the right and sets that in front of the chicks, so we can hardly see them but moves that away to the back left and settles. Fish still there, if  you look closely, merging with the nest.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lynn L said:
    Fish still there, if  you look closely, merging with the nest.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs