LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Unknown said:
    I am off to the races that is my weekend. Overjoyed to have seen the new bobblehead generation starting for LG. Thanks for the video! Much love to all. (I will need several drinks when I finally show up back here, CRinger.)

G & T with a twist and strawberry daiquiri altready poured, chilling with loads of ice. My after dinner coffee liquer (2 x tequila, 1 x cointreau, 1 x tia maria, 1 x expresso 3 x double cream floating on the top (again plus ice) in the course of preparation.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• So pleased to see all seems to be going well on the nest. Axel has taken in fish, Mistle has been trying to feed the bobblehead and she has sucedded. Axel showing interest on his visits. Hope we have another 2 chicks over the next few days. I am so hopeful for this family.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• 22:04 FOTD #3 ?

• Why, as a trained scientist do I keep slipping into anthropomorphism? But Mistle just has this aura of a first time contented mum.

• To see Scylla's vid of her attempting to feed her new chick was so delightful. She just seemed to understand what was required of her.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• CRinger said:
    G & T with a twist and strawberry daiquiri altready poured,

Joining you right now 5 hrs behind! Thank you for saving it for me, it is delicious.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• So sorry that the ice has melted. The daiquiri was a little sweet so I squeezed 2 limes. Now perfect.

• Afternoon/evening

Axel was too busy waiting for the fish tail to be available, or just watching Mistle and new baby, or bringing in unideal nest material, to go fishing - me an' Mistle wuz gettin' worried!

This was a small licheny stick:

This was Axel taking away the fish that Mistle's been feeding to Osplet - it appeared to be mainly loose, tough skin:

He bought it back in neatly trimmed condition Blush 

Honestly, Axel, you can do better!

18:25 Axel instinctively wants to incubate/brood:

18:30-18:35 - Osplet and Mistle finished off the fishtail between them - you'll understand it was hard to tell how much, if anything, Osplet ate:

Axel with a tough clump that Mistle pulled apart and set on either side of her and Osplet:

Yet another "Why?" stick Grin

I couldn't get a decent snap of the 22:04 (IIRC) fish - Mistle ate some and then fed Osplet for over 3 minutes:

How super to see the Bob looking so strong at the end of the day - but I do hope Axel brings another early fish and keeps up the deliveries thru the day tomorrow (ooh, it's today already) - I think Mistle is still hungry.

EDIT - I've spent so long working on this, I can't believe the results above are so sparse :(((  I don't think there's anything important missing.

IMAGICAT

• CRinger said:
    So sorry that the ice has melted. The daiquiri was a little sweet so I squeezed 2 limes. Now perfect.

Yum, delicious. Thank you! I followed it up with another G&T of my own.

Awwww....So sweet to see Axel rather befuddled about how to incubate the new chick! :-*

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• 12 June

No sign of Axel yet - Mistle has been very fidgety.

I'm packing up,  happy watching to all, SYAL.

IMAGICAT