LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• WAHOO!!! Congratulations! I have just watched and rewound!

Found this in chat:
    12:04 AM Lou ​Lovely sight looking back to see Mr AX6's first look at the chick, the way they looked each other and back at the chick was wonderful, two fish already and Mrs AX6's practice feeding has worked well

Axel's look at the chick and Mistle's trying to feed after the fish delivery.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• The first fish and lots of feeding practice:

Mistle improved the layout of the blocking sticks - don't know how long it lasts yet...

Lots more activity but I must be much more selective from now on - these vids are too long! but one wants to show all the nitty-gritty Confused

IMAGICAT

• Just rewound and watched events after the hatch, my oh my the look on Axel's face when he arrived with the fish. What's that, looks at chick then to mama, what do we do now. Her instincts have kicked in and she is trying to feed, aw so cute, clever birds.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I am off to the races that is my weekend. Overjoyed to have seen the new bobblehead generation starting for LG. Thanks for the video! Much love to all. (I will need several drinks when I finally show up back here, CRinger.)

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Second fine fish ( Blue heartAxelBlue heart) and Bob bobs a bit less and gets a sniff, even a nano-second taste.  (Checked thru up to noonish.)

IMAGICAT

• Again, so many thanks for the vids, pics and commentary. It is so heart warming to see their reactions. Mistle is currently incubating, and I think Axel has a fish as he stands patiently with a fish.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Mini catchup up to about 15:15.

Axel took the fish away, after a flyaround-and-around:

Mistle took a comfort break, less than one minute, brought back something tiny, maybe just dirt, in her talons:

Axel returning the fish, it was quite substantial:

Two more attempted feeds up to 15:15, too glitchy and all miss rather than hit, so no video.  Nevertheless, it's going ever so well Heart 

Meal break here now.

IMAGICAT

• Before I go - was this a definite/possible/probable bite? Grin 

IMAGICAT

• Certainly did Scylla!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• From LG Facebook page
    'AX6 had a surprise waiting for him when he came back to the nest this morning with a fish. Our first chick has hatched!
    There has not been a successful fledging from the Loch Garten nest since 2016 so we are chuffed to bits right now and so excited to watch this little one grow. Our new parents have done so well so far, and we are absolutely hoping for every success for them this season!'

There's a video too but I don't know how to post that from Facebook