LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 11/06 08:48 Nottinghamshire : Western Osprey, Tiln GPs
    one flew south (08:47)
  • I think you put this in the wrong thread Alan

Richard B

• patily said:
    We should be putting the bunting out Such wonderful news According to chat movement was seen from c, 05.31 onwards Good Luck little thing and to mum and dad and all at LG

Really hope it doesn't need  luck Patily !!!!   A dad that brings in a good supply of fish  - now Axel , show us you can

• superb news about the chick, i watched the youtube rspb video this morning “Loch Garten a new home for Ospreys” that showed Stephen & Jess putting the new nest in and the reasons behind it, Im so happy for those two people and the loch garten visitor centre, I will also be there in around 10 days time
  • Good Morning All
    Thank you for all the updates and to all that has made this happen!
    Fantastic news to see a chick has finally hatched!
    This was the nest that got us hooked in 2016 with the fabulous icon EJ! Still struggle to look back at those years as was not a great time to be introduced to ospreys! But lovely to see this nest is up and running again and can't comment on this thread without thinking of Moffer who was so dedicated to LG! Bless her, thoughts with her too on this special day!
    Let's hope that Mistle will now get her name officially :-)
  • Hatching chick 11 June 2022 Hatching chick 

I purposely didn't check in here before trawling thru the nest downloads - you can imagine what a fantastic (if frustrating, naughty Mistle!) experience it was Hugging 

I have to do some other things before the continuation with (((Axel))) bringing a great fish on this nasty-for-fishing morning - amazing!

IMAGICAT

• Over the moon here!
    Very, very encouraged to see Axel just brought in FOTD No 2 - a good sized RT. If he can continue like this and forage successfully and quickly in these high winds it bodes very well not only for this chicks future but also vastly strengthens this pair's bond
    Let the new era begin!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Oh my I am over the moon, so delighted, a new bobblehead at Loch Garten. Fantastic. Mistle had that look of, okay what is this and what do I do with it, as she padded round and round the new one. Can't wait to see Alex's reaction when he sees his new chick for the first time. After all the sadness the last 5 years, we now have new life, in a new nest in an iconic place. Just read another fish has been taken in, if Axel can fish in this weather, and he keeps this up, this nest is going to do well. EJ's memories will be forever with us all, we will never forget her or Odin but now we can move on in an new era and watch this nest thrive.

Congratulation mum Mistle and dad Axel and little baby bobblehead. Hatching chickChampagne

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.