LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 13.15 After Axel has been calling for a while, Mistle returns to the nest (landing on his tail) with sweet contact chips. He continues to call as she stands next to him, occasionally replying to him. They are so vocal together. She flies off 13.19.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• On chat:
    JulieD​12:27 She's back with fish. Practice feeding again.

• 11.28 Mistle returns. Changeover.  Still drippy/rainy.

• 08 June

Get-go +++

Mistle's first flyabout was about half an hour after CC's snap.

Axel took his time taking over, he stayed preening on the perch for over 20 minutes after Mistle flew - I just had to double-check when I saw the times I'd put on the snaps Astonished Astonished Astonished

Mistle's return, no delay in changeover:

She preened quite a lot:

Then !!!  I have nothing from 06:07 to 07:50 !!!

Chat doesn't go back to see if anyone noticed cam down Frowning2

YT rollback shows no fish or other "interesting" activity - but you know how bad I am with that.

Fishless changeover 08:20.

09:44 - Intruder alert from Axel incubating, he flew, Mistle returned and sat on the eggs.

The only possible sign of the intruder was a small splodge in the very top of the screen, but it was when Axel was flapping with bits of feathers flying off due to the "faulty" cam, so who knows what it was.

Except, there was this bird over by the old nest area, I can't tell if it was Wood Pigeon or Goshawk Frowning2

Eventually Axel returned with a stick:

Later with a huge one!

To be continued...

IMAGICAT

• Mistle up to repel intruder, which was seen descending...

IMAGICAT

• 14.00 just ch3cked in to find Mistle frantically defending the nest. The talons of the intruder can be seen dangling at the tops of the screen. Am on my tablet so not easy to go back to scan

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• 14.00 just ch3cked in to find Mistle frantically defending the nest. The talons of the intruder can be seen dangling at the tops of the screen. Am on my tablet so not easy to go back to scan

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Looks unringed.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Yup, unringed intruder.