LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• scylla wrote the following post at 1 Jun 2022 8:26 AM:

I was about to start the new thread in the official manner, to which you are obviously oblivious *sigh* but I love you anyway

OMG There is an 'official manner?' WOW! I had no idea. We have over 200 protocols at work and the other day someone wrote a new one entitled 'How to write a protocol.' I just had to email them and say I enjoyed reading your missive and assume you are not busy at the moment.

Please explain 'the official manner' so I won't make the same mistake twice.

I feel the love. I need the love!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• By the way - I forgot to mention that you are all invited to my garden party on 4th June.Nothing to do with Jubilee celebrations oh no! It will be 1 month to the day since RSPB video announced in live chat that 'all will be revealed shortly' about naming our birds. Worthy of celebration...

• lg

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Verty difficult to tell - he and she had our backs to us - but looked more like rainbow than brown trout. a 17 minute fish.

• 21:13 Mistle returns -a minute early - shame on her! a 16 minute fish

• I will come to the party, just tell me where and when. Had a garden club BBQ tonight, hence catching up sooooo late, I have excess home made potato salad and coleslaw that I can bring along!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• CRinger said:
    Please explain 'the official manner'

While I was typing that post I was trying to stop myself - partly thru knowing what an *** I was being, and partly while visualising the explanation process for the "official manner"... and I'm going to spare you because life's too short.

I intended to check the fishes for you, CRINGER, but am being assaulted on all fronts today, am going to sign off - knowing that Mistle and Axel (or whatever they're called, unbeknownst to us) have had a very OK day.

• According to live chat ALREADY 2 fish today - 4:43 & 7:10. I was having a shave when no 1 was delievered and changing bedsheets @ fish 2 so missed both!

• Good morning, CRINGER.  In case you're wonder what the asterisks replaced - I called myself an a.. r... s..... e...

But the Community police didn't like it.

If I can find the LG cam amid the carnage, I'll check them fishies.