Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!!!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, wonderful week. 

Nothing but rain and storms here. I did see the ancient groundhog come out of his burrow, look around in disgust, and go back in this afternoon. 

Take care, all. 

• Wet here and not sunny. In fact, pretty miserable.

Had a wonderful few days with my sister and brother in law, my niece, her man and Charlie. Apart from Friday - when all we had planned was to sit and chat anyway, so the rain really didn't matter - it was fine and sunny and we spent a lot of time outdoors. Charlie was on good form - a typical five year old. My sister is looking better than I was expecting. The new B and B I used was lovely - I have already booked my next stay! The journey home was fine - until they closed the M25 and threw me off, after an hour in stationary traffic, in an area I didn't know and my SatNav kept trying to make me get back onto the M25! The journey took five hours instead of about two and a half ... grrrr.

Hope everyone is well, and that Lindy is now busy packing for Wednesday. Hope you have a wonderful time, and looking forward to hearing all about it. A trip I would like to do ...
  • Thank you, Pat - and I'm glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with family. Sounds as if you were lucky with the weather. Good to have somewhere to stay in mind for another time.

It's been dull skies here but I've been busy mopping floors etc (my mobile just changed that to "mopping gloves.......")

My OH has been industriously mowing the lawn & checking on his beloved allotment. We will be totally organised by tomorrow! -- ha ha! I usually find there's something I hadn't thought of which crops up just as you try to relax!
  • LINDY - someone will be watering the garden and allotment, I hope !
    PAT - good family times !
    ANNETTE - I know about skin tears :-( Nowadays I wear long sleeves if doing anything rose related..
    It's been pouring with rain all day, I don't mind too much as we had quite a busy family weekend and it's nice to relax
  • LINDY - someone will be watering the garden and allotment, I hope !
    PAT - good family times !
    ANNETTE - I know about skin tears :-( Nowadays I wear long sleeves if doing anything rose related..
    It's been pouring with rain all day, I don't mind too much as we had quite a busy family weekend and it's nice to relax
  • I am officially annoyed now. Before typing, I checked that I was signed in. I then typed quite a long post and Lo and behold, I was signed out. Grrrrr!
    So, LINDY - Don’t you find there is always so much to do before you go away? I second HEATHER’S question and hope someone is going to do a bit of watering for you.
    HEATHER - Glad you had some good family time and PAT too although, Pat, I don’t like the sound of that journey home.
    I have felt a bit “off” today after my jab. Just a bit nauseous. However, a friend and I went for a nice gentle walk this morning and heard skylarks singing. That always lifts my spirits.
    I have just been out to “inspect” the garden and have noted that I should be thinking about netting my strawberries soon. I grow them in pots.
  • Yes, someone is hoping to peek at the allotment, but it's not high summer so most things will not die in a heatwave or anything. Sue is going to pop round to water my big pot of sweet peas. Everything else will just have to wait till we return!

Thankfully, a lot of things are already flowering, so we are enjoying them now. Such as:

A lovely pink poppy, opened today!

(Touch the pics to make them bigger & enjoy their beauty)

• The iris are fully out & at their best: you can just see the big poppies in the distance behind them.

• Rusty - Sorry you felt "off" - I hope that you don't get any other symptoms.
  • PAT – Forget the journey home; just remember your wonderful family time. Well done on booking next stay.

RUSTY – All things considered, better to be “off” with the jab than “off” with covid. I hope you are feeling better by now.

LINDA - Have a fantabulous time cruising Norway with your OH. May your camera finger get RSI.