Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON and HAPPY TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE!!!

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

Sunday night (15 May) or Monday morning (16 May), depending on your location, is the Full Moon and a Total Lunar Eclipse. The moon should turn a shade of orange, red, or copper.

You can insert your city, town, or village into the search box on the Time and Date website to see the full eclipse timing and details for your specific area. I've inserted London in the box for this example.

The white-tail deer doe on my patch has had one female fawn this year. The baby looks healthy. Some springs the doe has twins, but I only saw one yesterday evening.

Take care, all. 

• RUSTY - Your planting idea sounds good !
    I'm waiting for two daughters to arrive for shopping and lunch here at home. Then later, youngest daughter and her OH are arriving, to stay the night. I must remember to buy bacon and sausages etc for breakfast tomorrow. It's on the shopping list but I have been known to forget things, even with a list in my hand..
  • HEATHER There is nothing more dashing than Highland dress though OH did look smart in his RAF mess kit.

We met up with RAF friends from the past yesterday. One of them lives in Ipswich and was up here for a wedding which is being held at Gordon Castle today. We hadn't seen him for 42 years. I was at RAF Wildenrath in Germany with both of them in 1975-77!!!!
  • Thank you, Heather. Actually, we have bought a "drinks package" which covers most of our alcohol & fruit juice, etc. Otherwise you have to to run up a tab and pay a hefty bill before you disembark! Worst culprit from our sailing experience of this was P&O - more expensive drinks than the others, so we drank less than usual!

I see that some cruise lines are now offering a real "all in" experience with just about everything included, even some outings. I'm sure it will prove popular.
  • Dibnlib: Nice for you to meet up with old friends.
  • Heather: Good Lord, seems like the Danes could sell the German stuff with a small mark up to the Swedes, who could do the same for the Norwegians. But that's probably already happening at the corporate level.

When the handyman came yesterday to fix the electrical outlet for the fountain, the fountain motor wouldn't come back on when it was plugged back into the new outlet. Sigh. Visions of emptying, dismantling, replacing impeller and then putting it all back together again loomed large - but no! A half-hearted whack delivered to the motor with a handy hammer as I walked by this morning and - voila! - we have a working fountain once more! Sigh (of relief this time). One less Thing to Do.

• How pleasing, Annette! Reminds me of years ago, when my father would whack the TV with the flat of his hand, to save getting the engineer in.
  • AQ: I see big changes Down Under. Does the new guy meet with your approval?