Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON and HAPPY TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE!!!

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

Sunday night (15 May) or Monday morning (16 May), depending on your location, is the Full Moon and a Total Lunar Eclipse. The moon should turn a shade of orange, red, or copper.

You can insert your city, town, or village into the search box on the Time and Date website to see the full eclipse timing and details for your specific area. I've inserted London in the box for this example.

The white-tail deer doe on my patch has had one female fawn this year. The baby looks healthy. Some springs the doe has twins, but I only saw one yesterday evening.

Take care, all. 

• I love the full Highland dress. So smart and dashing . ...

I have my shoes lined up: 2 pairs sensible walking shoes, 3 pairs of evening shoes, one each of black, silver and (sort of) gold. One pair of sandals which look good any time of day or occasion. I have another pair of sandals put on one side which may or may not make it into the luggage! Thankfully, as we've been told we can take garment carriers as hand luggage because we're not flying, my OHs suit can be carried which makes for more room in the case. Hooray!
  • You've got it all sorted, LINDY !!
    Thanks to all for good wishes - all I need now is a good night's sleep, but that may be one wish too many..
  • You must be getting excited about your cruise LINDY. Glad you have your shoes organised. Probably very sensible of your OH not to go out with The Boys. Being stuck in a small cabin would be no fun at all.
    ANNETTE - I did laugh at the letter you received and your response!!!
    HEATHER - I do hope you get a good nights sleep soon.
    AQ - so pleased you got a photo outing at last and that you enjoyed it. I hope your votes arrived safely.
    I have been treated out to lunch today by the couple I took to and from the station not long ago. I had fish and chips!!! Very nice and good company too.
  • I must admit I loved dressing up in the evenings on the one and only cruise we did. Makes you feel special. Hope to go on another cruise on my own in due time and will keep looking to see what is offered.

The engineers came at 7am this morning ughh, but at least it was fixed and I was able to do some of the backlog of larger items straight away. Had this done on the insurance. First time in 11 years its gone wrong. Hopefully it will last another 11 years.
    Weather has been kind today although breezy. Love the amaryliss Lindy - nice the two tone colours.
  • So where are you sailing from and to, Lindy. Wardrobe sounds good and there can never be enough clothes to take particularly if you haven't got to fly back like we did so clothing was restricted but we managed it. Envious in a lovely way. Wish I was going too but maybe in the not too distant future will manage it.
  • Evening all:   Another busy day here.  Handyman came and fixed outlet for fountain and leaky hose reel.  I saw doc with ugly skin tear (doing okay); daughter and I got totally exasperated trying to set up Zoom (I need to add addresses according to their format - ugh) and all of a sudden it was gone 4! I decided to decompress by going to the beach, where the waves were soooo soothing and were accompanied by someone playing a flute in the little park above the shore.   Can't believe it's Friday already.

I have NO clothes for any kind of cruise.  OH and I went to an art exhibit at the local museum (Van Gogh) the other day, which made me realize I absolutely hate dressing up for anything. Can't remember the last time I wore make up....

Lindybird:  Meanwhile, glad to see your shoe wardrobe for the cruise will cover all eventualities.  When do you sail?

Hallo everyone else!  

• Good Morning. Dry here after a wet night again. Hoping its going to warm up, as we were cold yesterday

Annette, glad you saw the Doc in case it turned nasty. I love Van Gogh. Have been watching a series on TV about the Victoria & Albert Museum in London, and it makes me yearn for going there, for a bit of culture. They showed an exhibition recently of the fabulous Faberge Eggs, and are presently changing their costume displays - I had no idea that they have literally hundreds and hundreds of clothes of all kinds in their vaults.

Lynette - Glad things are fixed.

We sail next Wednesday from Liverpool, to see the Norwegian Fjords - a long held desire of mine. I wasn't going to go on about it endlessly, for fear of boring everyone. But I will hopefully post pics on our return. As they told us that they are going to charge large amounts for the use of WiFi, I won't be posting on here until we get back.
  • Good morning.
    LYNNETTE - glad the washing machine is fixed at last.
    ANNETTE - how lovely to be able to go down to the shore and relax like that.
    LINDY - I watched that programme about the V&A too and really enjoyed it. I couldn’t get over the time and care the restorers were taking with the objects they were handling. An awful lot of tissue paper seems to be used! Not long until your cruise. I regularly look at a webcam of Liverpool Pier Head. I will look for your ship on Wednesday!
    I am having a quiet day at home. 2 main projects
    1. To clean and disinfect my bird feeders and to clean up all the dropped seed from underneath them.
    2. To plant up my 2 summer pots in Jubilee colours. I have white geraniums, red petunias and blue trailing lobelia. I hope they turn out how I am imagining them.
  • Understand about the WiFi, LINDY ! Everything in Norway is very expensive, my SiL has been on rigs in Norwegian waters. Something about the signal having to go back to Norway and then to the rig, I think, but anyway, it cost a lot.
    My Danish friends tell a good story about prices in Scandinavia. The Norwegians go to Sweden to buy their stuff, to save money.The Swedes go to Denmark for theirs as it's cheaper than Sweden and the Danes go to Germany where prices are very low indeed ! There are huge supermarkets just over the border between Denmark and Germany. One of them is called Scandinavian Park, which really says it all !I

• PS - LINDY - The magnificent views are free, all your food and drinks are included in the cruise price, of course, so nothing to worry about :-) I'll be thinking about you each day and look forward to hearing all about it and hopefully seeing some pics. I'm so glad you are fulfilling your dream x