Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON and HAPPY TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE!!!

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

Sunday night (15 May) or Monday morning (16 May), depending on your location, is the Full Moon and a Total Lunar Eclipse. The moon should turn a shade of orange, red, or copper.

You can insert your city, town, or village into the search box on the Time and Date website to see the full eclipse timing and details for your specific area. I've inserted London in the box for this example.

The white-tail deer doe on my patch has had one female fawn this year. The baby looks healthy. Some springs the doe has twins, but I only saw one yesterday evening.

Take care, all. 

• Our front garden -- three pretty things flowering at once, this year.

• Morning, Well, I have just received a letter inviting me for my covid booster LAST Sunday!!!!! Anyway, I rang up immediately and the lady said it was a batch of invitations which had gone astray!!! I have been fitted in next Sunday instead. At my age (under 75) I didn’t think I would get a 4th jab yet, I wonder if it is because I have recently had cancer?
    Lovely front garden LINDY.
    I am going to cut the grass today and I have washing on the go too, although the lovely start to the day has clouded over.
  • Unfortunately I couldn't see the eclipse as it was cloudy and rainy. And equally sadly, I can't open Annette's link either. Such a shame when technology - mostly brilliant - doesn't co-operate. I have just watched a video of a friend of mine jumping out of an aeroplane attached to a parachute and a handsome young man. The video took just under two minutes to play - and twenty minutes to download! But well worth the wait.

The sky is cloudless and a wonderful shade of blue. The groundsman is mowing away the daisies - which will probably all be back this afternoon! There is a gentle breeze and I'm just off for coffee in a friend's garden. An English summer's day? Looks like it!
  • Oh boo.   I copied and pasted the image; it was on our neighborhood web site with no copyright...   Have to say it was definitely more red than any other I've seen.

• Stunning, Annette. There have been some interesting pics online, but I can't open your link, either.

Today has been strange weather: bright sunshine this morning, and temps warming up. But not warm enough to sit outside. In the afternoon, the sun went and the wind began to become breezy. It did dry my favourite raincoat, which I'd washed this morning. Tonight we were told it has been "summer" with record temps in London!

Had to laugh out loud an hour ago. I went to put on a warm jacket which I wear in the house. There was something in the pocket. The lost mobile phone charging cable!! I've been looking in every drawer and cupboard for ten days at least!
  • So wonderful to see a cheerful HM at the horse parade. . .and blow me down there she is again, gadding out in sunshine yellow. She appears to be enjoying her “pick & choose” events!
  • Good Morning. I've taken so many pics of the garden, I now don't know which ones I've put on here already. 

• That 1st pic came out big, but shows the beauty of the flowers (iris) These are smaller ones, and different. 

Yes, AQ - HM Queen looked as if she was glad to be out & about. We've been told that although she may be scheduled to appear at various events, it will always be decided on the day if she is feeling up to it. We all have fingers crossed that she can enjoy most of the upcoming celebrations.

• HM The Queen has certainly been looking "happy and glorious" these past few days.
  • Sorry for being MIA - have been feeling off colour for a few days . I'm sure I'll survive but if I don't get my act together and get out in the garden, new plants will not survive and I'll be overtaken by weeds.