Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON and HAPPY TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE!!!

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

Sunday night (15 May) or Monday morning (16 May), depending on your location, is the Full Moon and a Total Lunar Eclipse. The moon should turn a shade of orange, red, or copper.

You can insert your city, town, or village into the search box on the Time and Date website to see the full eclipse timing and details for your specific area. I've inserted London in the box for this example.

The white-tail deer doe on my patch has had one female fawn this year. The baby looks healthy. Some springs the doe has twins, but I only saw one yesterday evening.

Take care, all. 

• Chilly day. Sudden short showers. OH looked out the back window – dull & grey; out the front window – blue sky & sunshine. Off he went for his walk, returning suddenly, having been caught in another short shower. No harm down! I must away to kitchen. I am making 2 large mince (meat) pies to be sliced up for tea & freezer.
  • Good Morning. Dry just now, here, but it's rained a whole lot in the night, so no chance of seeing an eclipse. Glad you saw it, Annette!!

Strange weather yesterday: after a dull start, we went to visit Sue and sat in her tiny garden, where it got so hot we had to take our jackets off. It became hot quite quickly, and the sun was bright as a summers day, but when we returned home the clouds returned.

Annette, that's an incredible project to help the wildlife. Can't quite get my head around the trouble & expense involved.
  • The clematis in the plum tree is the best it's ever been.

• Morning. It’s raining here and sadly the clouds prevented me from seeing anything of the eclipse. I did look as I hardly slept at all last night. Worse than usual. I listened to a lot of the World Service!!!
    ANNNETTE - So glad you were able to enjoy it.
    LINDY - Lovely clematis.
    AQ - I bet the mince meat pies smelled nice.
    I posted last night but I see there is a notice in orange which says there was a problem and admin is looking into it. I didn’t put anything controversial honest!!!!
  • RUSTY - I often get those messages when the site is "out of sorts". I assume it is a tech problem. Don't worry about it. The mince pie was yum. . . and I have 4 doubles & 2 single serves for freezer.
  • Sorry some of you didn't see the eclipse. It was most impressive: The moon appeared almost red before totality, then was a brilliant clear white when it began to emerge. I called the AZ appendages and they rushed outside but couldn't find it - it did disappear completely!

Have Long List of Things to Do today.....Take care all.
  • Tonight I can see a beautiful, serene pink moon. Not too many of us in the UK seem to have seen it last night, as we've had stormy weather in the South, and cloudy skies.

AQ - We must have both posted at the same time this morning (UK time!). I only saw your message later. Those pies sound tasty.

I rooted out my several pairs of evening trousers: they live in an attic cupboard as I don't glam up much these days, and of course no holidays for two years nor Christmas parties either. Nice to see them again & also to realise that I had a green pair I'd forgotten I'd bought!

My OH found his suit in mothballs but declined to try it on as "It will fit." Wish I knew all my things fitted! As my weight fluctuates , and also as manufacturers don't standardise the sizing enough, I have three different size labels on my clothes.... None of them bear much relation as to whether they look good on.
  • Tonight I can see a beautiful, serene pink moon. Not too many of us in the UK seem to have seen it last night, as we've had stormy weather in the South, and cloudy skies.

AQ - We must have both posted at the same time this morning (UK time!). I only saw your message later. Those pies sound tasty.

I rooted out my several pairs of evening trousers: they live in an attic cupboard as I don't glam up much these days, and of course no holidays for two years nor Christmas parties either. Nice to see them again & also to realise that I had a green pair I'd forgotten I'd bought!

My OH found his suit in mothballs but declined to try it on as "It will fit." Wish I knew all my things fitted! As my weight fluctuates , and also as manufacturers don't standardise the sizing enough, I have three different size labels on my clothes.... None of them bear much relation as to whether they look good on.
  • Good Morning. Sunny outside, as my OH finds his shorts to go to play golf in. A very warm day forecast so I'd better look to see if there's anything I can wash....

We have a few people locally who post pics of the moon normally, and not one seems to have caught the latest event :-(

Off to see Annette's link.