Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful week! 

Please check back to read the posts at the end of last week's thread. Lindy has provided another lovely poem. 

Temperatures here are due to shift dramatically from cold to hot, beginning Monday. I just had a stern talk with myself, and I've vowed to find and buy a vehicle THIS WEEK. So, I may not be on this thread until I have four wheels parked in my driveway! 

The Black Vultures have not returned since R.T. Hawk and his mate not so politely asked them to leave. The Northern Cardinal pair is very busy completing their nest on the roof of the edge of my porch. The Pileated Woodpeckers are happily drilling on their tree on the creek levee. 

Take care, all!

• I am here four (Sorry ....)

Long phone chat with Dau#2 on Sunday, otherwise quiet day. I had another lunch out Monday, this one with School-Friend. We nattered in almost empty cafe until 3 pm! I had entree-size bacon carbonara penna. Friend had a taster plate. I caused chaos by asking for my coffee with my pasta. “You mean after?” No. at same time. OK. It arrived immediately & I rejected it. Earlier I had found some books for Twins birthday (Aussie birds & marsupials) plus 2 to be set aside for Xmas. OH has woken from long afternoon nap, confused as to time (no, I am getting tea, not breakfast). Lovely sunny day, 20 C max, but no time for camera. Nights are getting chilly, down to 6 C this morn’s dawn.

• I've just been watching the State Opening of Parliament, with Prince Charles reading the Queens speech. I don't know why but I felt quite emotional - perhaps because we are seeing the end of an era ....
  • HEATHER I wonder how much longer we will have our gracious queen with us? She is definitely irreplaceable as far as I am concerned.
  • Agree, DIBNLIB.
    EVERYONE - It's been good to catch up on all your news ! LINDY with the balcony on the ship, HARELADY having good family time, AQ getting out and about ( don't really understand about the coffee !), PAT and the bluebells, ANNETTE - busy as ever, RUSTY working in the garden ( please send enthusiasm to me).
    Good to hear about the lack of vultures, DIANE and I have fingers crossed that you find a vehicle soon.
    LYNETTE - I hope that you and your new bed will soon get to know each other !

• AQ - sounds as if you had a good day out on Monday. Good lunch and successful shopping.

LINDY - love your clematis photo. I had a look at my big poppy. No sign of any buds at all yet but my Welsh poppies are out. I just let them seed themselves round the garden.

HEATHER - I do hope you can build up some enthusiasm for your gardening. Mine is only small so it doesn’t take much to get it in order.

I have been on a group walk in some local woods today. Absolutely beautiful to see the sunlight filtering through the trees onto the carpets of wild garlic. We saw 2 grey wagtails on the little river. Some people saw a dipper but I missed it!!!!!

No idea why the photo inserted sideways!!! You will have to do some twisting to see it. I tried a few times but failed to get it the right way up!!!! 

• I think Prince Charles was also quite emotional. I didn't see much as I had a visitor, but in the little bit I did see, there seemed to be a lot of emotion around. I definitely had damp eyes.
  • Didn't watch it as we were having coffee with friends. Think I saw somewhere that the last time HM The Queen missed was 57 years ago.
  • Just had an exciting trip to get new batteries put into our watches, & a visit to B&Q. We know how to have the high life!! The sun has perversely now appeared, as I didn't dare leave my laundry outside in the showery weather, so it's still in the basket. Grr.

I watched the Queens speech. Found it depressing to see how lined P. Charles looks now, as I'm exactly the same age as he. Maybe he is weathered by being outdoors a lot!! P. William looked very sombre. As it says in some of the newspapers, it was noticeable that HM Queen usually gives the event more twinkle!

Rusty - I like your picture anyway! Glad you were able to get out on a walk.

Heather- I think AQ meant that although she expressly asked for her drink to be brought with her meal, they brought it right away whilst they were waiting for their food. I hate drinking tea with a meal, so am often forced to order it afterwards, separately, as it never arrives when you want it to.
  • It’s 3am. I just laughed at you cartoon LINDY. I needed it as I have just been down to the kitchen to make a cuppa and aaarrrrggggg!!!!!! There are tiny little ants crawling all over the counter top. None on the floor where the any powder is. I stood for ages trying to work out where they were coming from but without success so I have lightly scattered ant powder on the trail they seemed to be using. I will have to thoroughly clean it first thing tomorrow. I have lived here for 40 years and have never had this before. I can see me having nightmares when I try to go back to sleep.