LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• Tiny fishtail delivery. Mistle takes it away in her beak.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Hello cakeboy. There is often competition for prime real estate ie a nice new nest in a perfect position. Osprey will of course build their own nests but easier if someone does the work for you. There can also be competition for members of the opposite sex. All these battles use energy, best devoted to fishing or incubating. And they can be fierce, with damage to eggs or wings! In my experience, intrusions lessen over the season as the intruders find their own nests

• And to add to Korky's answer...... as the season progresses any intruding Ospreys realise that it is too late for them to breed that year so the value of the prize is ever diminsihing.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Sorry I should have said Korky's BRILLIANT answer!

FOTD #2 @ 12.34 BTW.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Axel was calling but then he got his own medicine back when Mistle arrives with a clump to give him an earbashing and to force him off the eggs.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• CRinger said:
    Sorry I should have said Korky's BRILLIANT answer!

FOTD #2

Thanks. But not brilliant enough to know what FOTD means please? Fish Of The Day? 

• Hhehehehe! Yes!!! FOTD = Fish of the day.

BTW, BTW = By the way.

I ned a new kyboard which keps missing ot chaqrcters so try to typ as lttle as posssible, Happy about 3 s's in posible. You got 1 for free,

• Apart from the noisy wind (volume turned down) it's been quiet on the nest since Axel departed before 13.00. Axel will have difficulty catching fish in this. It's been windy all week, and it's about time it subsided!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• 17:00 FOTD #3

• Probably a small whale. Mistle ate it in 5 minutes!