LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• Lynn L said:

At last a fish for Mistle, well done Axel. I hope she enjoyed that one.

Ah hope yur no shooglin, shufflin and shakin too much after that two G&T CRinger, gotta mind your age!

I smile and thankyou for reminding me of my age and have a Tequila, cointreau and coffee liquer with double cream and ice in celebration. 

I hope shooglin improves my memory of where my bed is.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• CRinger said:
    I think we should try and remember

Quite so, CRINGER, and thank you for all the supporting details Kissing heart 

Mistle returned with a really good stick - but it ended up dangling over the side :(((

She took over but not for all that long, Axel was back to take over again:

She was only gone half an hour, later she got quite wet again, and started calling 21:47.

G'night all :)))

IMAGICAT

• 31 May

Axel to perch... to nest... Mistle flies off.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    Axel to perch... to nest... Mistle flies off.

Mistle was very vocal from very early on this morning.  Note that the "spider-muck" on the lens is clearing, one positive side-effect of all the dang rain:

06:19 - Mistle came back with a small stick, took over.

She's been shouting 'n shouting:

IMAGICAT

• Lovely sunrise vid thanks scylla. Nice to see the boy this morning
  • CRinger said:
    a combination of rain AND high winds is the worst scenario by far. Imagine you are an Osprey getting soaked every time you plunge into the water - the energy you have to expend to get rid of the water - they don't have water proof feathers like a duck - the reduction in body temperature due to the rain and on top of that having to battle against heavy winds - it all adds up to very challenging conditions that sap a bird of energy very quickly. I think we should try and remember this when we comment on the (not total) lack of fish over the past 2 wet and windy days!

Aye, facts are chiels that winna ding. 

• Unknown said:
    facts are chiels that winna ding. 

If you say so, dear Korky...

07:06 Axel returned without anything and took over incubation - Mistle brought in a couple of small sticks before finally taking over again, now waiting for a fish.

IMAGICAT

• Quite a nice day, high clouds and some blue sky, and no wind at last
    10.30 Mistle started calling
    10.31 Axel arrive with a thick large stick. Mistle was happy he hadn't brought a fish and flew of landing on what I think was Odin's lower perch (I would love the VC confirmation) and called for breakfast. Axel moved the furn8ture and incubated.
    10.40 Mi returned and moved Axel's stick to the right rim, then over Axel to put it across the front, mumbling all the time. Ax got up, and Mistle shouted as she settled and incubated. He ignored her, as usual with preening and 9ne-legged shut eye.
    10.43 Axel flew of back left.
    Mistle has been quiet since.
    Still no fish.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Axel upped his game in the sticks stakes:

But was only giving Mistle a stick to beat him with Rofl

I hope you can see his expression:

IMAGICAT

• Lovely captures, Scylla. All quiet. Mistle has spent a lot of time snoozing, often with her head under her wing.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/