LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

• A lovely morning up at LG but no fish according to chat
  • 20 May

Axel's been in just now, not sure if he took over or not, I've been on the phone (oh s/he - whichever - is back, pottering) discussing our mystery "not-a-spider" with my zoologically-minded friend, to whom I've sent vids 'n snaps - and a fat lot of good that's done but he's researching it.

What a weirdo!  And it's nocturnal - or crepuscular.  Weird.

I'm off to the kitchen.

• scylla said:

CRinger said:
    Hmmmm would like to see AND HEAR a video

Eventually !!!  There's more than you require here (and more to be done but I've got real life to attend to) but I'm sure you'll be riveted by every feather

Thank you SO much Scylla! I WAS riveted by every feather! I agree with Sheila - very confusing BUT I am pleased to say I HEARD nothing that sounded like a 'human intruder' alarm call. I do fret!!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 20 May

06:24 Axel flew in with nest material and took over from Mistle.

Mistle spent a little while here before returning to the nest with little fistfuls of dirt @ 06:48:

She did some nestorising and re-took-over @0 06:54.

2-3 minutes later Axel was back with a spindly stick (where are all the nice chunky ones?!):

He stayed, standing by until 07:06:

That was the activity up to 07:39.

They're both currently on the nest, but I'm off :)))

• Addenda

But I have a gap before the next activity:

A couple more tiny deliveries, then Axel appeared in 'n out of the left and Mistle got up and followed him ???  She returned with a small item:

• scylla said:

Addenda

Strictly speaking it was an AddendUM. But I am all for Scylla's plurals!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Scylla added two items - addenda!
  • 13.23 Axel arrives with a clump and gentle chirps, Mistle leaves but not before reminding him that she has had no fish today. He settles.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• 13.33 Mistle is back. She brings a stick and more earbashing to which Axel closes his eyes.

• 13.36 Axel flies off after being disturbed by her wing as she pads around the back of the nest. She settles.