LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• HMMMMMM. The last 2 days RSPB has NOT notified me when someone has replied to this thread,

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Isn't it lovely getting compliments?! Heart eyes  Only trouble is, one doesn't deserve them, they should go to LenSpider Spider

He needs the sun, tho - in the evening he just fades the colour:

I chopped him off for Mistle's little performance with the bark she'd brought in earlier - I wonder if she's sprinkling herself with its sanitising properties?

The first time going thru that 6-hour session I glimpsed a half-fish at something-past-8 but it turned out to be wishful thinking Upside down

IMAGICAT

• 19 May

Lots of buffering overnight caused myriad fragments, just as well we didn't need to see her.  (LG Goshawk also failed but not as badly.)

I haven't been thru since daybreak but here's Mistle pre- and post-spiderrays:

I have to take a meal break, SYAS.

IMAGICAT

• WOO HOO! I remembered how to do it! Couldn't resist the rays!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Trevor's fish, served with a side of rays

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• trevor l said:
    Morning all Fish at 7-03am

Thank you, Trevor !!!

This is what I cropped off - sea creature or UFO? GrinGrin Grin

IMAGICAT

• Morning all. When it's not raining we do enjoy some stunning sun rises.
    Thank you for noting #1 FISH at 07.02.
    By 07.38 Axel was calling for the return of the fish.
    07.39 Mistle returned with a decent tail and let Axel take it. He flew off, She tidied the cup
    07.42 before settling on the eggs. From here she moved a stick which got caught in her beak.
    07.59 Axel returned with fish in his talons.
    08.00 Mistle slowly got up, ignored the offering and took flight. Axel watched her before taking a bite or two of the fish
    08.01 Axel took flight with the leftover. ENS
    08.02 Mistle returned with another spindly Y-shaped stick
    08.03 she incubated
    09.14 a lovely wing stretch
    09.15 she stands up and has more wing stretches
    09.16 Mistle took flight and Axel landed
    09.47 Mistle returned with a heavier Y-shaped stick. Using that, and her wing she moved Axel who took flight. She placed the stick on the front rim, before incubating.
    10.08 she isn't happy with the that stick's position and moves it without getting up.

No snips, sorry. I'm on my tablet

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:
    10.08 she isn't happy the that sticks position and moves it without getting up

And at that point the cam went into a buffer from which it has yet to recover - and the Goshawk cam is the same, so we're in trouble at LG.

IMAGICAT

• 10.07.53  Oh dear, I have a blank green screen

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/