LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

• 05:35 - spider artefacts on the cam making it look romantic:

First changeover:

What a busy morning Mistle has had from 07:00 to 10:00 (rounding up 'n down).  I'd've been hours trying to do a video so here's a slideshow, very difficult sun so I put it thru editor and it's a bit Technicolor(R) Stuck out tongue

You'll get the idea:

An extract where Mistle dumped a stick on Axel's back and then faffed while settling down to incubate:

I might have got a tad confused, too much going on.  Am off to get brunch.

• From what I can read from chat, that was the last fish today. It's very windy there

• From RSPB LG Facebook page
    'Eagles ahoy!
    Viewers in Scotland will be able to tune in to BBC Scotland on Thursday for Landward's visit to the Loch Garten Nature Centre, where Dougie caught up with RSPB Scotland's Jess to chat about the white-tailed sea eagle nest camera.
    If you're out on Thursday, it's repeated on BBC1 Scotland on Monday or catch it on BBC iPlayer'

• Thank you Korky.

19.26  a whopper from Astle, quickly exchanged and Mistle flew with it. Axel settled down to incubate.

19.42 Axel calls for return ofthe fish. It became persistent 

19.45 Mistle returned a large portion of fish.  Axel flew with it. Mistle resumed incubation

By 20.20 Mistle was calling loudly!

20.23 Axel returned with still a good portion of fish. Mistle flew off with it. Axel incubated. All very smooth again

20.48 Mistle returned, having eaten the fish

20.53 Axel Rrose and flew. Mistle incubated

• Mistle got Axel up with a stick attack again:

SheilaFE said:
    19,26 a whopper from Astle

Sorry to rub it in, SHEILA - I remember my Dad ranting at a Plymouth Argyle footballer called Astle, back in the 1950s  Rofl

Mistle brought a big portion back for Axel, then he brought some back for Mistle and she finished it - what a satisfactory end to the day Hugging

• LOL. Well you knew what I meant! At least is wasn't axle or even öxull
  • Cam is buffering non-stop, I've had to switch off the download. I reported it in Chat, not knowing how else to contact anyone.
  • we don't see you on live chat that often Scylla
  • trevor l said:
    we don't see you on live chat that often Scylla

I never find time for any of the Chats, Trevor - and it's a shame because people there are watching live and report lots of interesting things that I can easily miss when going thru the l-o-n-g downloads I collect up Unamused So I just pop in if there's a particular query.

18 May

There's a dang stick in the way that I didn't notice last night: