LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

• Methinks its time for today's 1 hour 20 minute trout!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• That;s a 46 minute fish if ever I saw one!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Headless, Just the way we like 'em. Stone dead and no chance of flapping over wee chicks. Axel settles down to incubate. The perfect model of expectant fatherhood. I have high hopes of him as a provider after hatch.

• So proud of myself for not digressig into a eulogy about the recipe for jersey royals, pea and mint soup at the end of the last post.

• Of course I am not still smarting that my post about Glen Affric and Pippa Middleton 2 days ago attratced no likes after 3 hours reseach. I will just sulk in my corner.

• 20:30 Mistle back with a fish tail +. My estimate of 46 mins was not bad!

• Awwww. she just teased him with the tail and took off with it!

• CRinger wrote the following post at 14 May 2022 8:33 PM:

Awwww. she just teased him with the tail and took off with it!

She hadn't finished eating but was required at the nest because of an overhead flyer - Raven heard, but I can't say if that was the flyer or if it was protesting at a threat, maybe a Kite?

That didn't make Axel any less disappointed tho, there was a lot of meat remaining at that time Grin

Off she flew when the alert was over:

When she returned @ 21:24 there was still a lot left - she decided to keep it for breakfast, poor Axel flew off in tears, I'll spare his blushes:

• CRinger said:
    Of course I am not still smarting that my post about Glen Affric and Pippa Middleton 2 days ago attratced no likes after 3 hours reseach. I will just sulk in my corner.

Post me a link, MrMischief, and I'll rectify that incredible omission Astonished 

I would add that I am sometimes very frustrated by the sudden adoption of the Like button several years ago, up until when it was hardly ever used.  Now it causes delay when catching up for the reader, and upset at being unLiked for the poster.  It's now more of an acknowledgement button than a Like button.