LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

• LenSpider is back, signalling the evening.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Mistle is calling for Axel, gets up, and shakes her wetness off. I can't tell if it is still raining. She has gotten back on the eggs.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Quote FERGUS:

I don't think we are going to see another egg on this nest in the next few days and I don't think this inexperienced couple will hatch any chicks.

I was very surprised to see the pessimism too!

And as for the official names (absence of), yes we're "not bovvered" - but it's typical tardiness from the Centre, they having said nearly a week ago that they'd be announcing "soon".

(I'm ill-tempered, having resurfaced to a helluva mess in the downloads.)

On a happier note - Axel has coped very well, all things considered - this morning's fish delivery and return:

... ... ...

2 hours later...

I'm not doing any more for this nest tonight, unless someone wants a particular "item" itemised in a movie.  Thank goodness for terrific coverage from, in particular, SHEILA Heart and CC Heart

• 21:38 Wind has lessened. Mistle visibly turning 2 eggs.......................... wonder if that will increase by morning?

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• scylla said:

Quote FERGUS:

I don't think we are going to see another egg on this nest in the next few days and I don't think this inexperienced couple will hatch any chicks.

I was very surprised to see the pessimism too!

And as for the official names (absence of), yes we're "not bovvered" - but it's typical tardiness from the Centre, they having said nearly a week ago that they'd be announcing "soon".

Ithink your and mine definition of 'soon' scylla is quite different from the whole VC. 'Dare I say 'soon' is greeted with a yawn and 1 word. 'Manana!'

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• My last post for today, Mistle is quiet, incubating, but looking very wet. Len Spider is plonked tonight left. What will tomorrow bring?

Edit -LOL Len has disappeared

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Hopefully into the belly of a wren!

• 10 May

Still 2 eggs @ first changeover:

• I think those that are criticising the blog made by Fergus are missing the point. I read his negative comment on hatching as tongue in cheek as his first line states that this previous negative outlook had yielded positive results. He is continuing the negative theme in the hope of further positive news is how I interpret it. Ian
  • Ian S said:
    I think those that are criticising the blog made by Fergus are missing the point. I read his negative comment on hatching as tongue in cheek as his first line states that this previous negative outlook had yielded positive results. He is continuing the negative theme in the hope of further positive news is how I interpret it. I

Oh I see. Too clever for my simple brain