LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• 20:12 FOTD - 4. I think a harlequin's outfit would be suitable for tomorrow Cirrus!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Or court jester?

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Matthew 6:30

• As a matter of interest - many people earlier suggested Axel was providing for 2 nests - anyone still clinging to this theory?

• CRinger said:
    As a matter of interest - many people earlier suggested Axel was providing for 2 nests - anyone still clinging to this theory?

In fairness (and I wasn't one of those suggesting a second nest), Axel's behaviour has changed... more than somewhat! Blush

IMAGICAT

• Those still holding to the theory I liken to those clinging to whatever flotsam they can find after a shipwreck. Thank God Axel was the cause of the shipwreck bless him!

• I did wonder if Axel was a 2 nest male, but I am more than happy to say i appear to have been wrong.
    Since seeing the first egg he has certainly stepped up to the mark and is behaving like a committed male to the nest, the eggs and Mistle.

Richard B

• CRinger said:
    Those still holding to the theory

CRINGER - I must have a stern word with you.  You know full well that no-one is "clinging to the theory" but you are just stirring.  New moniker = Mr Mischief !!!

Angry Persevere Wink 

Today's FOUR FISHES and Mistle's good but misplaced stick:

Not necessarily in the right order, as Eric would say:

Did he target the shoal of small brown trout again?

IMAGICAT

• CRinger said:
    19:13 ALARM CALL and MISTLE OFF!

I was going to include this in an "events of the day" video, which hasn't got done, so here it is on its own.  I cut out some of the absent time, during which you can hear her call again.  She was on the perch quite a while before - either Axel arrived or she resumed incubation... I've forgotten what happened next Upside down 

IMAGICAT