LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

• It certainly was another fish! My glass was pretty empty and is now smiling at me having been refilled! Yes a glass CAN smile!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• CRinger said:
    Mistle. OOOOOPS! Sorry - the female Osprey who has laid an egg on our beloved nest.

MISTLE MISTLE MISTLE MISTLE MISTLE  so there.

BTW I defaulted to three scotch on the rocks! Clink!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Well whatever they call her she will remain Mistle to me just as Seren remains Blue 5F.
  • Unknown said:

CRinger said:
    Mistle. OOOOOPS! Sorry - the female Osprey who has laid an egg on our beloved nest.

MISTLE MISTLE MISTLE MISTLE MISTLE  so there.

BTW I defaulted to three scotch on the rocks! Clink!

I hope it was an Ardbeg or at least a single malt. My Daquiri ishalf empty and I can;t stop staring at my Ardbeg Uigeadfail. God's gift to whisky lovers. The nectar of the Gods!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• JaneV said:
    Well whatever they call her she will remain Mistle to me just as Seren remains Blue 5F.

Jane I know exactly how you feel!!!!! Green SK or SSK will always be MY Osprey! No-one elses. Just mine.

• CRinger said:
    I hope it was an Ardbeg or at least a single malt

Sorry. I drank up all my Talisker two days ago and no longer buy my favorite Lagavulin. I cannot afford it at the rate I drink it, lol. So since it is cold and wet here, I defaulted to my old go to, Johnnie Walker.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• CRinger said:
    I celebrated the arrival of an egg yesterday with one (who is counting?) G & T. I felt that 5 fish is also cause for celebration so I made home-made Strawberry Daiquiri. Plenty of ice, lime juice and strangely misread (double) the quantity of rum in the recipe. Over to you Sheila to do the daily summary (hic!). It doesn't say in the recipe how long you can keep it! I only made 1.5l. I think every fish he brings deserves to be celebrated with a new glass.

If you drink that lot, you will be seeing 6 eggs on the nest and 4 Ospreys! Tropical drink

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• A beautiful evening, after a great day for our new pair

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• Ok, ok, ok.Today deserves a daily summary undoubtedly. Looks like Sheila is still tied up. You guys have 15 minutes to do one PLEASE!!!!! My Ardbeg Uigeadfail.is looking at me and you don't need a daily summary from me once I succumb. I can resist ANYTHING except temptation. SOMEONE do a summary of today? It needs one. You don't really want to read mine after Uigeadfail. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. The clock is ticking............... 15 minutes!

• What a great day we have had, lost count of the fish that has been brought in, 6? The boy has done a tremendous job fishing and stiiting. Keep it up.

Just to make sure the powers that be are reading our posts,  it is.....

AXEL AND MISTLE.... AXEL AND MISTLE.... AXEL AND MISTLE

I Think they should get the message Grinning

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.