Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 April 2022

• Hallo all: Just breathed a sigh of relief that Macron won reelection.. I gather much of electorate wasn't crazy about him, but voted against the alternative.

EE: Thank YOU for keeping us up to date. Hope OG is able to return home soon. Glad to see she's keeping tabs on your garden chores! :-))
  • Good Morning.

Annette, I agree that at least the reelection of Macron makes for stability, although we kept seeing French citizens before the results came out, saying that they were between a rock and a hard place: not much choice.

Sunny here again and no rain on the horizon. Will have to get the watering can out again!

Sue went to visit relatives in Yorkshire yesterday, and whilst there fell over Toffees lead in the street - she says she can't believe she hadn't broken anything but has of course bruised her ribs. She was reacued by a nurse & a firefighter who were just passing, so I joked that she was calling on all the Emergency Services!
  • In reply to Lindybird:

@Lindy. sorry to read of Sue's fall

Saw these this morning,

"“Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, because those who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others.”

If I cannot do Great things.I can do small things in a great way."
    ― Martin Luther King Jr.

• Happy Anzac Day to AQ and all our other Aussie friends!!

• Love those, SunnyKate.
  • Yes, AQ, happy Anzac day ! My son in law attended a service for Anzac Day, on the helipad of the oil rig. He says that it was very moving.
  • Thank you LINDA & HEATHER. Must dash, I want to watch program Britain's Beaches or some such title. Catch up tomorrow. Promise.

• Sorry for just using the happy word, I did know about the origins of Anzac Day. 

• Just didn't think - only excuse was, I was in a hurry! Of course it's a serious day thinking about the past.
  • I went dashing out with my OH to get his 4th jab, but although we enquired they wouldn't give me mine as I'm still under 75 - apparently it's going to be done in strict age order.