Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week. 

Very windy here, but it's a remarkable 82F. That's 28C. It's going to get chilly again this week, but it sure was nice to see the sun today! This weekend is peak bird migration here, with millions of birds flying north through the night over Indiana. We've been advised to turn off all outdoor lights so we don't hamper their migration.

Take care and be safe, all. 

• Rusty:   Lots of Guillemots visible with a 'click.'   Loved the campions.  Glad you had a good tripl.

AQ:  Argghhh.. That sounds like a couple of awful days.  Wish I could take you out for a treat!  I think I should have stayed a rich aunt.  :-)

Lindybird:  Lovely blossoms on your ancient apple.  Nature is so beautiful...

• My garden is a great source of comfort and pleasure to me, Annette.

Sunny all day today but still rather chilly. I pruned a big shrub which was trying to grab the postman as he came up the driveway, and took the dead heads off some of the daffodils. We're off to Wales again tomorrow, so my OH has watered everything in pots before we go.
  • Good Morning. Dry here but not sure if the sun is going to appear: a dry weekend forecast.

Rusty - Sounds like a lovely few days. Thanks for the pics.

My OH reports that his arm has only just stopped being achy and stiff, after his jab on Monday. He's alright otherwise.
  • My amaryliss is now out again - the flowers are unreal!

• Safe journey, LINDY. I think that the weather forecast is good.
    I wish that I felt like you about the garden. For me it is full of memories and I know that you would say that they should be happy memories. It used to be a sea of colour, everywhere one looked. Now it is just tidy and weed free. I don't have green fingers !
  • Never mind Heather - just sitting in it, in the fresh air when it's fine, is good for you. I inherited a lot of what we have, and my interest has grown over the years, with the plants.

Does anyone else do this? I had a big To Do List and the other day, I was trying hard to cross things off in triumph. I rang my Cousin, had a nice conversation and then went to the list to cross it out --- argh! I hadn't put it on the List, so in frustration, I wrote it on and promptly crossed it out!!! :-) :-)
  • LINDY safe journey.

Beautiful morning here. HEATHER Hope you are sitting in your garden enjoying the sun.

We got back from a 2 day break at Pitlochry yesterday. We had a lovely time and as well as Christmas we have now booked for October too. Loch of the Lowes was closed when we tried to visit 5 weeks ago and unfortunately it was closed when we went there on Tuesday. What a shame.
  • EE So good of you to keep everyone on the site updated. Glad you are keeping well yourself.
  • Dibnlib -- Good that you had a nice break. The other day, I watched a programme about pilgrims (who were celebrities) who went on a walking trip around N. Ireland and then across Scotland in the footsteps of a Saint. Of course, I've now forgotten his name! They walked around your part of the the world and it was beautiful. One of the best bits was their going to see a huge monolith which is very old indeed, and is now protected by a plastic case from the elements.

We're now safely parked in Wales again, and after a cloudy start, the sun came out once we neared Snowdonia. Its warmer than at home & we're hopeful of a mainly dry weekend.