Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone who is celebrating a holiday and/or visiting with family this weekend has a wonderful, meaningful time.

Sorry I haven’t posted replies this week. I’m up to my ears in paperwork (figuring taxes, arguing with an insurance company, etc.). Sigh.

Take care all and stay safe.

• That is sad news about Moffer. I used to read those posts avidly when Loch Garten was in full swing.
    Meanwhile lots of eggs seems to be being laid at the various nests. I wonder if they will succeed at LG this year? I do hope so as I will be visiting for the first time in June,
  • Lindybird: Thanks for passing on the news about Moffer. I also remember her, but it's been so long since I was an avid 'overnighter' on the LG Daily Update with Diane, I didn't realize she'd dropped out after EJ and Odin were gone (those two kept us all going for years!).  Meanwhile, I wonder if anyone's heard from George....

• Yes, it's becoming a bit of a soap opera, they have said, at LG this year. At least there are ospreys on the nest this year.

Dibnlib - that must have been a trip down Memory Lane for you both. I spoke on the phone today to a girl I used to work with over 30 years ago. She said at Christmas in her card that she was fed up, so I sent her some photos of my family, & some news - she met my sons when they were in high school, all those years ago. We had a good natter. We both used to work for The British Red Cross northern office and at one point, were persuaded that even though we were office staff, we should learn basic First Aid, which was a good idea. We all took a course with a Red Cross qualified instructor. Thankfully I've never had to save a life!

• Hi folks, thanks for your news.

Saw the heart doc on Wed and she now thinks its respitory related so am waiting to be referred to that dept.
    Have diabetic eye test tomorrow which hopefully will be negative.. Have put in for a grant to help pay for a shower cubicle instead of a bath but looking at the questionaire , somehow I don't think I'll qualify but will have a go at trying.

Rest of the Range order came the other day, just have to assemble the table and put out the chairs then its G&T in the garden, well, when its a bit warmer.

Have a lovely weekend, all.
  • Hi, all.

I've had a message from OG. She said that the physios believe she's doing very well. She's very tired and sleep deprived. It's so difficult to get adequate, restorative rest in a hospital. She doesn't know how long she'll be in there. She mentioned that they could transfer her to a community hospital. She doesn't know yet what will happen. I just thought I'd pass that info along. 

I'll try to include some replies to you all when I start the new thread tomorrow. 

Take care, everyone. 

• My condolences to Moffer's friends and family.
  • LINDA – My dentist stressed that if the temp crown fell off & not replaced, the adjacent teeth would move. Maybe your teeth are not as close together as mine.

LYNETTE – re shower cubicle. If you don’t ask. . .

DIANE – Thank you for positive news of OG. And are you coping with tax et al?

We have private health cover but the payout for dental work is not very good compared to "medical” work. I can't complain too much as they have paid up for my 2 new knees and cancer lump. Dental through public system means long wait, perhaps 2 years.

It’s been one of those afternoons. I start ironing (in the kitchen as always). I hear strange clicking noise from corner of bench. Not the kettle or toaster but close. OH returns from his walk & decides it’s an animal, perhaps in the exhaust hood above the stove. (Wrong direction, I think) He asks for a torch, I put down iron. He asks for step stool. I am in the way & put down iron. He can’t remove screen panels, I put down iron. I finally finish ironing my pile of beanies & vests for charity. Now I have 2 greasy screens to clean. THEY WERE NOT ON THE LIST TODAY. I fetch grease-killer spray, OH reminds me I was to water my herbs. Gee thanks. I suppose by now the magic brew has dissolved the olive oil grease and screens are ready for me to clean them. I’m not sure I have any energy to eat tea, let alone prepare anything. Noise still clicking.

• Oh! The frustration, AQ! And it's still making a noise! Bah!

Good Afternoon - Don't know what happened this morning -- I was trying to get out of the house to do the Big Shop of the week, when my OH came home from allotment ,& began fiddling about with planting the sweet peas out. I was going to do it, but not going to argue. So not writ on here first thing as usual.

A HAPPY ST GEORGE'S DAY to All in the UK, & of course England.

We don't seem to celebrate it in the same way as the other home nations.

Here are some bluebells from our garden to cheer us up:

I know they're not the proper native ones, but they are very vibrant.

• Glad your furniture has arrived Lynette. Enjoy.

Good that they're keeping an eye on your heart probs. Hope all goes well with the eye test

Diane, many thanks for the news of OG. Can only hope she is not in hospital for too long, as you say. Not great places to get any rest!
  • RUSTY Hope you enjoy your visit to LG.. We will be visiting Loch of the Lowes next week as we are staying in Pitlochry again.

LYNETTE I do hope you get some joy with help towards a shower.

DIANE Thanks for the OG catch up.

LINDY Glad you also enjoyed a catch up.

I don't know about HEATHER but we will be puting our central heating on again this evening. The weather has turned really chilly again.