Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

The moon turns full next Saturday, 16 April. Here, it's known as the "Pink Moon."

I hope everyone has a joyful, healthy spring week! 

Spring is taking its time to arrive here. I had a long period of snow last night. Our Weather Service warned us ahead of time that we'd have some cold nights with icy rain, and then snow and a hard frost well into morning. Everyone rushed to cover any new garden plants and flowers that had dared to come up.

• dibnlib said:
    How lovely to hear Max, the springers owner talk about him on breakfast TV this morning. Our dogs give us so much and luckily most of them are loved so much in return.

I thought that, too -- dibnlib. I saw it this morning whilst drinking my first cuppa, so I shouted down the stairs to my OH, to switch on the TV in the dining room. He was enchanted by the little film of the 3 dogs, who all bear more than a passing resemblance to our beloved Bonnie. Nice to hear that his efforts to share his dogs have helped so many people around the world.

It's been our Wedding Anniversary, but we've been too busy to celebrate, other than have a glass of wine with our dinner of defrosted spagh bol!

• More  T shirt quotes:

"I am not arguing, I'm simply explaining why I'm RIGHT"

"Only LEFT handed people are in their RIGHT minds"

"Will I ever be old enough to know better?"

"I am not perfect, but I'm a limited edition"

"I'm up and dressed, what more do you want?"

" Mind of an athlete -- body of a genius! "

"My poor knowledge of Greek Mythology, has always been my Achilles Elbow...."

" I thought I was in a bad mood, but it's been a few years now, so I guess this is who I am"

• Diane - looked at that vid from Texas re tornado. Hope the storm surge has managed to miss your area and that you are safe.

New furniture arrived when they said it would so looks nice in the garden room. Went out this afternoon to a local mobility shop and ended up buying an adjustable bed and a scooter. Fornunately I didn't have to pay VAT because I have a couple of health problems which meet criteria for exemption so it worked out a bit cheaper than I thought it would. Will take a fortnight for the bed to arrive so agreed for the scooter to be delivered at the same time.. There will be no stopping me on the scooter, watch out folks, L driver on the loose. LOL

Weather looks to be fair set for Easter weekend, lets hope so. A very HAPPY EASTER to all.
  • Thank You, Lynette - have a pleasant time yourself: I'm glad things are going well for you.

A bit misty here first thing, but clearing up to just cloudy skies now and dry. Sunshine predicted for the next couple of days, so good for those travelling.
  • I LOVE the rabbit LINDY! It made me smile.
    LYNNETTE - I am so pleased you are happy with your furniture.
    I am having a lazy day. The tree pollen count is high and my sinuses don’t like it. It’s a shame really as I love being outside.
    I hope everyone has a Happy and Peaceful Easter.
  • It was meant to bring a smile, Rusty! Glad you're enjoying your Easter break with a lazy day, but a shame about the pollen. Whatever is which makes me sneeze in May, has not started yet.

Still a bit cloudy here - my OH did get one of the garden chairs out and sat in it for half an hour, this morning when it was brighter for a while. I've been busy chasing dust bunnies and putting stuff away (I have way too much!) ready for our visitors.
  • Belated Happy Anniversary to you both. We are going to our favourite hotel in Pitlochry again in 10 days time. This is a sort of rollover ruby wedding treat. We were booked to go in April 2020 but of course it was cancelled because of lockdown.
  • Glad you have found a place to scatter the ashes. Although my Mum died in May 2019 due to family issues we only scattered her ashes recently and chose to do so at Loch an Eilein. This is where 2 of our Goldies are scattered and for all those osprey devotees it is where the Ospreys returned over 60 years ago. There is an island with a ruined castle which they used. It is a favourite walk of ours.
  • Sounds like a lovely place, dubnlib. Thanks for the Anniversary wishes, we didn't do anything to celebrate other than have a glass of wine! Might make more of an effort next year, when it's 50 years!! (Can't believe it, either!)

Got lots done today and am whacked now. Ready for our family to arrive tomorrow - I may not post as much over the weekend.