Weekly Chat, Sunday December 12, 2010

Will catch up later, but see the last page of yesterday's chat for updates from folks - including the last one from Diane!

• Good Morning ALL.  Quite a foggy morning here. There seems to be a great number of blackbirds, with one very bossy one, who spends his time chasing all the other birds away from the food. I still need to buy more presents, although I have now bought some.

Best Wishes to Hamish for his post op. check up.

Thanks Linda for the Monday smile and to OG for the blue tit photograph.

Off to the shops again now and will catch up later.

• For those who haven't seen it. Tom, the RSPB mod. has written re the site update :

"Hi Everyone,

Don't worry, nothing will change and you won't have to re-register or anything like that, it just means significant improvement to the performance of the site and community.

Cheers,

Tom. "

• Good morning all! Very cold day here today it is -17 but with the wind feels like -22, and forecast says it is going to be colder later this week, brrr… Yesterday saw absolutely beautiful thing, I was driving at the motor/freeway: temps were around -17 sun was shining very brightly and there were the tiniest small snow/ice thingies in the air -and suddenly there was two wide vertical rainbows, totally amazing sight!!!

Diane, lovely to see you again. Hope your weather isn’t too bad and please, please take care of yourself. Linda, what a cleaver window feeder and I do like your tiles very much. Dibnlib, your new avatar is so …well Christmassy (it must be Dillon?) Brenda, I also need to buy some presents, but just gotta be in the right mood to go to shops. Have a nice day all!

• Morning all,

Annette : I also have a Dell laptop. Its a Studio 17 in Dark Blue (because that is Dundee FC colours).

Linda : I hope you are feeling better and thanks for the monday smile.

OG : Lovely pics of Blue Tit and Pied Wagtail. I saw a Wagtail this morning but they have not been back to the garden.

George : Sorry about the tyre problem. It must have been quite a bump to puncture the tyre.

Margo : I was wondering if this was near you:

13/12 09:18  DORSET : Waxwing, Poole  [S]
    38 behind Old Town School

Just got back from vets where Hamish had his post op check. There is still some slight swelling so he has to go back on friday for another check and stay on the antibiotics. Cloudy and not too cold today but I understand that the severe weather returns on thursday.

• Good morning Lindybird was sorry to read you had felt rather poorly but pleased you are feeling better now.   OH was a bit unwell on Saturday.  He likes soft cheeses the smellier the better.  We had one in the fridge that was really strong even though it was in a box.  Decided to have it for lunch and then went out to do more shopping.  About an hour later he was back looking very green and just made it to the toilet where he was violently ill.  I had said I wouldn't eat something that smelt like that but he said that is how it smells.  He had a shower, fell asleep for a couple of hours and woke up feeling fine so we did have the chinese meal we had planned.  Bet he will be a bit more careful in the future. 

Lovely pic of the bluetit at your window feeder. I keep saying I must get one as it would be wonderful to see them so close up at my kitchen window.  What a shame you couldn't go for that cuddle with Tomasz but hopefully you will get there soon.  Glad you liked the card but didn't want to make anyone tearful.  It took me ages to work out what to say without going over the top but everyone on this forum is very special to me.

Hope you have a good shopping expedition today.

Margobird

• Good morning Alan  and yes waxwing sightings very close to me and I still have a berry tree laden if they care to move just a little bit further.

Glad you liked the card, and the manly tears made me smile.  Whie I was trying to work otut what to say i was in tears myself.  Silent Night is a favourite of mine as it was for my Mum.  She passed away ten years ago tomorrow so that carol has some very poignant memories for me.

Glad Hamish is OK and chasing cats again.  Hope the infection will clear up for him soon.

Margobird

• Good mroning SheilaFE and thanks for the card.  Sorry things are a bit trying at the moment with your Aunt.  Hope matters can be resolved for her.

Margobird

• Diane was nice to see you post again.  Such a sad time for you I know and it seems as though you have some extreme weather again.  Can understand how tired you feel, emotions can drain you.  Do look after yourself and I will be thinking of you.

Margobird

• Gorgeous pic of the wagtail original goldfinch.  I spend ages watching the pair that visit my garden from early morning to last thing.  They are doing a good job for me as they clear everything that goes on the ground especially when the starlings visit.

Margobird

• Unknown said:

Christmas viewing for the storks at Hoechstadt:

http://storchennest-hoechstadt.de/live-cam

Thanks Alan for the above.

Margobird