Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

I hope everyone has a healthy, peaceful week. 

The new moon is Friday, April 1--April Fool's Day. (I think it's just before midnight on March 31 for Annette.)

Lindy: I've enjoyed all of your beautiful flowers. No spring flowers blooming here on my patch yet. It snowed this morning! 

Take care and be safe, all. 

• Popping in to bump us up ! Dinner is cooking, Danish friend is in charge, she is making steaks with a mushroom sauce. I am floating between the kitchen and the wee back room !

• Heather: Yum! When you say you're floating I hope that means you're enjoying a glass or two of a nice red....
  • Good that your Danish guests have arrived OK, Heather - even better that they're cooking for you! Enjoy!

Wish I could give a good report from here :-(

My OH wanted to go out for lunch, for his birthday, & we have decided that we are not infectious now. So I said "You choose" He wanted to go to a pub we have never tried, though I was doubtful about it. We had the worst food we've had in a long time.

We sat in an empty room, with no one else, and after we were seated we realised that although we could see the sea through the window, it was through a cracked pane of glass. I had fish & chips, which consisted of a big piece of overcooked batter, containing a sliver of dry fish. The chips were terrible & I left half of them. My OH had a thing called a "Steak Baguette". It looked to me like a lot of old watch straps in gravy, with a tiny pot of coleslaw on the side and some more dreadful chips.

On the way home, I tried to take a swig from a flask I had of flavoured water-- I managed to pour it down myself and was wet through to my undies! Had to strip off as soon as we got back. Not the best afternoon. Ho hum.
  • We received news from my niece in S. Africa (my brothers daughter) - she is quite delightedly, pregnant. They had been wondering if they had left it a bit late. and were sad that they might not be parents, so are very excited.
  • Hi Diane, you are having a bit of a nightmare aren't you. As long as we order enough death certificates at the time of a loved one passing then when insurance or bank or other institution wants a copy we can send them one. As our two children were executors for my husband's will they dealt with it all after I'd ordered multiple copies. Went like a dream. Pity you have all that bureacrocy. Hopefully all done now for you.

Lindybird - just love the pics of the wide empty beach and the little lambs. Glad your OH is feeling better. The bracing sea air always clears the tubes so to speak. Enjoy the rest of the break.

AQ - Pleased to hear you managed to get your OH out for lunch and that indeed he enjoyed it.

Well patio and pathway were finished today. Kept pestering me as to when the money will be in his account - told him all sorted and it will be there tomorrow.. Hate it when they do that. Garden looking bare at the moment but hopefully when the planting is done it will look great. Will post some pics eventually.
  • Heather - sounds yummy, love a good steak. So you have your Danish friend staying, hope she enjoys her time with you as I'm sure she will.

Lindybird, what a shame the birthday lunch turned out to be an aweful meal. You'll have to go out to somewhere you know when you get back to make up for it. Good news from SA then, congrats Auntie Lindy.
  • Lindybird:  Bummer!  No wonder the place was empty.  Oh well.  Just remember you NEVER have to go there again.

Lynette:  Sounds like your worker is having cash flow problems.  Have you and daughter decided where you'll go this summer?

• We had a teeny earthquake last eve. Media in a frenzy of course as we had one only 3 weeks ago. Seismologist pointed out that we had 13 since then! It was 2.9. I heard it; I listened puzzled, not a plane nor helicopter nor truck. Apparently Aussieland is moving north 7 cm every year. Watch it you UpOver. Here we come LOL.

• Good Morning. A bit grey here, & much colder, as forecast.
    Lynette, Good that they got the garden work done so quickly, and you can now enjoy planting it up and then sitting in your garden this summer. Yes, we got lots of death certificates done when we lost my mother - it's amazing how many are needed, but it helps with all the inevitable paperwork.
    We are now cleaning, & packing up to go home. I've had to include everything I was wearing yesterday in the dirty laundry bag, including a new, clean sweater! Bah!
    Exciting to hear that ospreys are turning up at nests all over the UK. Wonderful news.
  • Only just seen AQs post -- we had better make way for all the Aussies, then! :-))