Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY MARCH EQUINOX!

The equinox is Sunday, March 20.

I wish all of you and your families health, strength, and a joyful spring (autumn for AQ). Stay safe, friends. 

Photo: Marsh Marigold Wildflowers
Shenandoah National Park, US National Park Service
Photo labeled "Public Domain" (copyright free)

• Green flowers! My mother liked these but I'm not a big fan.

• Our stellata magnolia is opening, always a joy.

• No flowers out yet up here, LINDY - so lovely to see yours.
    HARELADY - best wishes for the procedure and hope that you enjoyed the flying visit ! Not good to read about the night terrors but I'm happy that like some of us here, you enjoy the World Service.
    ANNETTE - it's good that your daughter is home again. I hope that she has learned a lesson ! Your grandson is a star -
    LYNETTE - Thinking of you - being on your own is not easy at first but it is something that you can say that you've done - another step along the road.
    AQ- My younger granddaughter in Elgin had to revert to home schooling last week because of teacher shortage. I had one of two phone calls from her regarding her French lessons !
    OG - I can understand knee problems relating to weight issues as my son has been advised to lose weight for the same reasons. However what could be causing pain in non weight bearing joints ? Hmmm.
    PAT - another lovely walk, thank you for sharing. And yes, the WS is a comfort. Sometimes I like to hear the last moments of Radio 4 - wishing listeners a peaceful night. Outlook at 3am is a favourite !

We didn't hear from CLARE - I remember that LIMPY has Parkinson's disease and hope that all is well.
  • Thank you DIANE. Autumn can’t come soon enough for me. I don’t like our hot humid weather this month.

I picked the last of my butternut pumpkins; I have 6 & will share with Daus. Plant grew from buried veggie scraps. Now the stems & leaves are recycling as compost.

• Just a thought

Enjoy your Sunday! Have faith in your heart and courage to fulfill all your dreams.

• Thanks, Diane, for setting us off once again
    Another sunny spring day here - but still a cool breeze at times.
    Will be going out in the garden now - supervising of course!
  • I forgot to thank DIANE - sorry !
    ANNETTE - the situation in Ukraine is indeed terrible. Quite a lot of folk here in UK are offering accommodation to refugees. My Welsh friend's son among them. My brother tells me that a house in a nearby village is being given over. Laudable, except that most families arriving will be women and children.Their driving licences are not valid in France and the village has no school, shops or bus service.
    I heard a programme on Radio 4 last evening ' The Moral Maze'. Questions as to why other displaced persons from conflicts in other countries , etc etc. Maybe this forum is not the place to explore these things ....