LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Fish! Good size! Whoops, never mind, I guess it's a return fish.

This being the original fish delivery at 13.56.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• 14.48 Fish Swap. Mistle returns the fish to Axel who was calling for it.

• Gosh, now that she is back on the nest, Mistle is calling Axel again! It must be an exercise in trust...

...and at 15.21 Axel reappears.

• Mistle is back, begging. Axel looks princely proud on the nest.

15.58 Edit: Hah. I thought I saw a morsel of fish clutched in her toes on arrival, but then I didn't see it. But now she's dug it out of the nest and is snacking! Very tricky of her. Presumably out of Axel's view!

• I am just following that at the moment CC. I had a feeling she had something in her left talon when she landed, but seemed to forget she had it, let go of it, and it mingled with the soft furnishings! She was muttering to herself throughout and appeared to be looking for it, looking on the nest looking at Axel's talons. You are so right CC, it was so funny. For nearly five minutes she called and at 15.48.24 he'd had enough, and he flew!
    Mistle continued to call and possibly look towards where Axel was.
    15.53 she started moving 'stuff' around again in the cup, whilst continuing to call  - and low and behold she pulled out the tail end. Oh, what's that? She seemed sooo surprised! It was fin, some flesh remnants and skin, which had picked up nesting material and looked most unappetising, but she did 15.57. Will she give Scylla the treat of downing the fin. I wonder. Ugh, she tugs at stringy skin.
    16.12 she finished the skin, but spotted the fin which had become detached from the fin. She was standing close to the rim and managed to drop that just over the edge where it lay on the sticks. She started calling!!
    Excellent covered CC, many thanks.
    I am left with a broad smile on my face!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Finally, he's managed a solid mating, on the perch. It takes him a while to maneuver, lol.

• Yeah, it's moments like those that make our day osprey watching!

SheilaFE said:
    It was fin, some flesh remnants and skin, which had picked up nesting material and looked most unappetising,

• Thank you for reminding me I was still not live, LOL!!

• Axel is on Odin's old perch beneath the nest - looking at it he is immediately to the right of the old cam fixing, to the left of the sticky tree. Mistle continued to call sporadically.