LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I thought I'd do something different for you, CRINGER - but lord knows what she's got hold of here.

Oh dear, she's settled right down in the nestcup Astonished Heart

I'm not going to do any more vids until we see what Mistle is up to.  Besides, I just want to watch.  And besides, I want to see who else is here with me Hugging

IMAGICAT

• Looks like WATTLE has gone and no-one's taken her place :(((

IMAGICAT

• She sat in the nestcup @ 05:47, got up:

Just now, got up.  She's been contact calling all the time but is now screeching her little head off:

IMAGICAT

• This took quite a bit of effort - it wasn't her fault, she was ready but he just couldn't get around to it:

It's a dull morning and Axel isn't feeling lively, he decided to stay for a rest - but Mistle is trying to screech him into (fishing) action:

IMAGICAT

• I'm off for a nap, g'night all.

IMAGICAT

• Mistle still shouting for breakfish
  • Hello everyone.  I had a lovely couple of days on the bracing Suffolk coast!

Yes, CC, I am delighted not to have missed an egg laying!!

So far after Scylla and Patily's start to th day

08.36                          Mistle on perch, calling.  Joined by Mistle who attempted mating.  Axel to the nest, Mistle calling, loudly

08.55                      Mistle flew to dead tree on left, out of sight.  Axel remained.  She could be heard calling. 

09.04                      Mistle returns with a stick.  Axel semi faux mantles on far rim and watches as she sorts the stick out.  Mistle continues calling – go fetch fish

She goes behind him, pushing at his tail, checking to see if he had a fish.

09.46                      Axel starts to move

09.47                      Axel flew off, Mistle watched, as he may have flown behind 'us', but perched within sight.  She continued to call.

09.50                      Axel could be seen flying beyond the nest, returns to the nest with a stick, and begins checking the sticks – half a dozen were in danger of                                                      going over-board!

09.52                      Mistle goes under his tail again to make him fly!

09.53                      Intruder about?  Silence as they watch

09.55-6                  Mantling silently

09.57                      More relaxed.  No sign of the possible intruder.

Axel standing on guard, Mistle is still lying down.

09.58                      Mistle stood up – called and sorted a tickle.

10.04                      Axel flew, Mistle watched him flying around the nest

10.22                      Mistle flew ENS

10.42                      Mistle returns with a chirrup, moved the soft furnishings and kept a wary eye for Axel or intruders.

10.54                      Mistle looking alert

10.54.29                Birds behind the nest, but clearly not a problem (dots before the eyes)

11.03                     Mistle is alone, and quiet.  Axel clearly not within sight.  11.03.51 Mistle has flown to the left with an odd croak.

11.04                    Retuned to the perch, with a chirrup.

© RSPB - Loch Garten & WildlifeWindows 

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• 11.49 Mistle dropped from the perch. Still no sign of Axel, with or without a fish!. She has remained on the nest since.

• 12.45 Mistle has started to call, looking towards the nest and dead trees. Is Axel back?

• 13.45 the calling has become intermittent rather than persistent.
    I am going for a while, BBL