LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Daily summary 27/4:

Mistle to the nest calling for food, having not been fed for 26+ hours.

Axel much more intent on mating than going fishing.

A blue ringed intruder (almost certainly male) appears as I was preparing lunch and his identity causes much speculation and excitement - and me to have a burned lunch (which was Tesco's Low Calorie Chilli con Carne as I am sure you wish to know - it will not be on my repeat order - the full calorie version is much nicer, especially with added chillis and a freshly baked baguette generously spread with Lurpak (butter for my friends over the pond)... and don't forget to grate a nice cheddar onto the chilli ,,, and add oodles black pepper).

Where was I?

Oh yes! Axel delivers what appeared to be a headless brown trout c. 48 hours after his last fish.

Scylla pulled out all the stops and I am SURE his pictures identified the blue ringed male.

My guess of the first egg on 26/4 was shattered. We are still eggless.

All quiet ATM (not a cash machine as I thought - At The Moment, appatently in text speak, (my daughter would be proud of me for being so hip) on the Western front with Mistle on lookout duty above the nest.

Another daily summary tomorrow, complete with my verdict of Raymond Blanc's Potato Dauphinoise with lamb steaks. Unmissable! Just an advanced warning - don't be stingy with the mint sauce!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Mmm the D potatoes and lamb steaks sounds yummy.

My guess was that we would have an egg on the 28th, watch this space Egg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I am not sure Raymond's recipe uses eggs and I have everything prepared now for tomorrow. I will let you know my verdict on the Dauphinoise sans eggs.

• Axel returns 21.05pm with a clump of straw.

©️ LG

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Scylla! Attention! We need a ruling! Isn't permission required to post ?after someone has written the daily summary? Even if the post is critical and concerns a poor P. Dauphinoise recipe?

• Hmmmm. Very dark at LG yet Mistle remains just above the nest, Is this a sign of imminent things to come? An egg in the night? YOU KNOW you have to set the alarm early for tomorrow!

• 22:00 Mistle leaves her look-out post, but it is so dark I have no idea whgen she is in the nest cup or not!
    My alarm is set for 5.00 am

• CRinger said:
    Raymond Blanc's Potato Dauphinoise with lamb steaks

If it's not a one-pot microwavable ready-meal I'm not interested Stuck out tongue  A few years ago no-one would believe I'd type those words and mean it.

This evening I had just finished Heinz tomato soup with various enhancements (heehee, just like my snaps) when I was presented with a surprise bucket of KFC - a once-in-a-century event.  Verdict: not worth thinking of the words for.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lightening revealed that Mistle flew away to roost, not onto the nest:

I mgiht have a little nap now... or a big sleep!

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

CRinger said:

This evening I had just finished Heinz tomato soup with various enhancements (heehee, just like my snaps) when I was presented with a surprise bucket of KFC - a once-in-a-century event.  Verdict: not worth thinking of the words for.

~~~~~~~~~~

Scyllajhas won the star prize!

A desciption of her KF PLEASE!

My Ratmond Blanc's  P. Dauphinoses sadly pales way into indignificance!

• CRinger said:

scylla said:

CRinger said:

~~~~~~~~~~

Scyllajhas won the star prize!

A desciption of her KF PLEASE!

My Ratmond Blanc's  P. Dauphinoses sadly pales way into indignificance!

If someone can follow this 'mini thtead' they are a betrter man than me,

I will try and keep this cullinary epitaph as short as is humanely possible!

Crumpets (3) under the grill. Heat Mushroom soup.  Turn over the crumpets, butter (LURPAK - {over the pond users see previous post (I hope to get free shares)} and add sliced cheese. I recommend Cathedral City (Are you watching CC? A 1 kg block in the post would be very welcome)..

6 and a half minutes under the grill and I challenge you NOT to send me a PM that says 'marry me.'