LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Mistle arrived at the nest at 4.21.46 if I remember correctly. It looked like 2 birds flying before she showed up. I think the other as probably Axel flying out for breakfish. Hope she gets one. Good night!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Unknown said:
    looked like 2 birds flying before she showed up.

I've only started from when she flew in to the nest.  And he joined her for his oats but she wasn't responsive, serve him right.  I hope he's gone fishing now.

Standing over her pompom - EDIT - now that I've posted it, it looks more like a posy Hugging

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:

SheilaFE said:
    I'm sorry for the vocabulary, CRinger. It all goes back to terminology used during the times of the much loved EJ and Odin. Note to self: must be more serious and accurate, perhaps!

Oh I dunno, Sheila! It brings some humor and sense of commonality or affection with the birds. And it certainly reminds me of the days of EJ and Odin.

It certainly does! And gives me an opportunity to pull Sheila's leg!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• scylla said:

SheilaFE said:
    Note to self: must be more serious and accurate, perhaps!

As CRINGER well knows, he's the worst culprit of us all for frivolity, I think he's just jealous of your vividly descriptive terms {{{Sheila}}}  

I certainly hope I am to the first point and YES I AM to the second!!! Joy

• scylla said:

What an AMAZING capture scylla!

It is wll worthy of a mug!!! 

• A beautiful morning, but no fish yet

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• Unknown said:
    A beautiful morning, but no fish yet

I stupidly had high hopes after this morning's opening, but I've just seen another mating on the perch.

IMAGICAT

• Intruder about 11:16. Blue leg ring. Scylla may be able to zoom in on the number.

• OR CC - she did an amazing zoom the other day!

• I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it, but AX6 is really behaving like he has another nest on the go.

Richard B