LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Hoppy Hank said:
    Just to note, the bullfinch earlier was actually a male redstart, beautiful bird.

Ohhhh!  Thank you, HH Kissing heart

I should have trusted my eyes but they're so bad these days that I thought the finch-beak must be there but I couldn't see it.  If you see what I mean.  I had no idea that male Redstarts were so dramatic!  Maybe I've only seen them distantly up to today.

IMAGICAT

• Lynn L said:
    she is such a pretty Osprey

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• SheilaFE said:

I imagine that will fly away when they they move the furniture again.

© RSPB - Loch Garten & WildlifeWindows

Hold on Sheila!. Haven't finished researching the 'quickie'. Now I have to add 'moving the furniture.'

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• It might have nothing to do with it but I wondered if this may explain the ‘gunshots’ heard a few days ago. I’m viewing on my phone and can’t easily find the posts about it. 

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5438474359505851&id=114298888590118&m_entstream_source=feed_mobile

• 25mac said:

It might have nothing to do with it but I wondered if this may explain the ‘gunshots’ heard a few days ago. I’m viewing on my phone and can’t easily find the posts about it. 

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5438474359505851&id=114298888590118&m_entstream_source=feed_mobile

Well researched 25Mac - we will have to wait to get details of the disturbance........... but an interesting coincidence. I am ALWAYS waryof disrurbance at any nest, especially this one because of what happened last year.

• Is it me or does her food soliciting seem a little less insistent? Especially considering she has not has a fish today?

• Not just you CRinger! I have not had to turn down the sound today! Mistle looks very calm and confident that she will get her dinner.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• I agree too - or is he actually fishing. It's about his time of day to do it?

Unfortunately I'm going away tomorrow, back Thursday evening, and I will probably miss the egg.  Boo hoo.  I will try to follow the thread to keep up to date though.

I was about to say 'intruder' but I've rolled back at Dyfi to check out their intruder and the intruder chipping is coming from there. KS7 from Clywedog has been there this afternoon, and Glaslyn earlier.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Sorry Sheila even Ian Newton comes up a blank with 'quickie' and 'moving furniture.' He was quite distressed when I phoned him to point out such serious errors in his book. He suggested a suitable punishment............. YOU get the job of today's daily summary. PLEASE REFRAIN from the use of 'quickies' and 'moving furniture.'

• Sorry Sheila even Ian Newton comes up a blank with 'quickie' and 'moving furniture.' He was quite distressed when I phoned him to point out such serious errors in his book. He suggested a suitable punishment............. YOU get the job of today's daily summary. PLEASE REFRAIN from the use of 'quickies' and 'moving furniture.'