LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Super captures, Scylla. The mating attempts did improve at times, but not always. Still no sign of a fish.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Oh dear, this is so reminiscent of George.  15.40 Mistle was calling, and backing up expectantly.  I thought "at last", but it wasn't to be.  Axel flew past the nest, although I didn't see him, and he landed on the branch of what I think it is skeleton of the old nest, immediately behind the old cam tower.  Mistle looked on in astonishment and after a pause flew out to join him, calling all the while.  There was some flapping to be seen.  In less than a minute later she returned to the nest in a circuitous route, yelling her verbals at him all the way.

Fish dance and backing up

Oh, where are you, where are you going?

Over to that branch... here I come

She  returned to the nest in less than a minute, and is still there, calling

© RSPB - Loch Garten & WildlifeWindows

• 1ST fish of the day! 18:04!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• gosh that's forward thinking Cringer!
  • S O R R Y - ahead of myself - SIXTEEN 04!

• Oh heck. This boy has lots to learn.....
  • Yay!!  The Boy dun good!!

Axel has returned with a huge trout, and Mistle has taken it off the nest

He must have felt he deserved the head, having caught it against all the odds in this strong wind!!  I forgive him.

© RSPB - Loch Garten & WildlifeWindows

• SheilaFE said:

I've been catching up with all the comments, pics and vids over the past couple of days.  I seem to have had a lot to do away from laptop.

First, I must let all those who knew her, Moffer has sadly died.  I know nothing more than what is on her FB page, which suggested it was unexpected and sudden.  Thank you Mike for letting me know.  Moffer was a major and much loved contributor in the early days of the Daily Update on Loch Garten, and was brilliant with her pics, vids and commentary.  So sad.

Oh my gosh! Well said Sheila, She will be much missed here and always had words of wisdom to share. I know I will miss her contributions greatly.

• A lovely tribute Scylla from someone who knew her well. Fantastic words.

• Only just read about Moffer - I'm so sorry to hear it. She was always enthusiastic and devoted to the ospreys. Her joy in them was transmitted to us, too.

I did not know her personally, but knew of her: Rest in Peace, Moffer.