LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Unknown said:

Maybe she's just trying it out for size? She was first seen on this nest on 10 April I think. I guess it's possible she was somewhere else first, and with Axel or another male before she flitted here?? 

I think its date of first mating that is critical Korky............. if she visited 10 other nests but didn't mate the likelihood is she wouldn't lay that season.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• WINNER ~ Post of the month Rofl

Ian S said:
    I refuse to use the word poo

Super captures of Axel's ultra-twiggy branch and Mistle's scrag-end (which we used to buy for lamb stew in my young days - "scrag-end o' neck o' lamb", it was, and spoken as one word).

IMAGICAT

• 12:35 Axel arrives - surprisingly (?!) without a fish! He disappears quickly.

• I think the 7:40 fish delivery was the same fish he delivered last night. Missile arrived with it's remains this morning and Axel took it off the nest when he flew at 7:30, hopefully it still counts towards the bonding process!
  • I would agree with all of the analyses Hank!

• A warm welcome to new contributor Jill T!

• Fish delivery by Axel @ 13:52

• I think she was teasing us earlier by sitting so low in the nest. Either that, or Axel needs to go to Specsavers if he hasn't noticed an egg!

• Thank you, all, for snap and comment contributions Blush 

CRinger said:
    A warm welcome to new contributor Jill T!

It's probably the same JILL who pops in and helps with my birdie IDs Hugging 

EDIT - No, that's JillR... I think.  Maybe they're the same lady?  RSPB LG does some strange things with IDs.

IMAGICAT

• Beejayzus! Mistle back @ 14:02 without a fish. It wasn't a tadpole! I think she must have dropped it!